The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I finally got a few hours on a weekend free to work on my car (07 Exige S with Gotham tuned ECU).

I pulled the ECU out and cleaned up the contacts and put some dielectric grease on the contacts. Put it all back together and fired her up.

All was good for about 10 min. then the moment I put my foot on the throttle to back out of the garage, the ECL came on. :wallbang:

Code 2106 Throttle control unit low voltage. :wallbang:

Thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The magic of dielectric grease...

Ok, so after I posted up my plea for help I said to myself, wonder where that Throttle control unit is, what it looks like and how much is it going to cost to replace... After going to Lotus Garage and getting an idea as to what I was looking for, I headed out to my car in the garage.

I hunted it down and said, well, let's put some dielectric grease on those contacts and see what happens. So I pulled the tube to the intercooler and unhooked the sensor plug, using a q-tip I carefully applied some dielectric grease to both the male and female contacts and put it all back together.

Before cranking I cleared the DTC codes and low and behold, car runs fine now (i.e. not throwing codes). :clap::clap::clap:

Was it a twisted wire?
Was it a bad contact?

Who knows, but a little dielectric grease sure seems to help.

Now I'm back down to my original problem, the CAT, O2 Sensor and Heater portions of the emissions system will not complete in the ECU. I need to resolve those so I can get my State inspection / emissions test done. (I am past due.)

Tomorrow AM (after the car cools off) I'll drop the undertray and apply a little dielectric grease to the two o2 sensors before and after the Cat.

Maybe the Cat and the sensors got loaded up / crapped out when I had the exhaust plugged up (constipated) by a defective muffler packing??? Hmmmm

Thoughts?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't really matter...

The whole issue is moot at this point. I spun a bearing and now have the joy of pulling the engine.

At least I now have a nice cool weather project to work on.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts