The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in a store for 10 minutes - came out and there it was! Someone in a taller truck (or something) had backed over the elise! Black rubber marks and scratches all the way to the black vents! marks up both lights, torn star shield in a few places, and ripped seal around the right headlight!!!!

I hate hit-n-runners!!!!!

Anyone know where to get Star Shield replaced? Is it dealer only?

Steve

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Was in a store for 10 minutes - came out and there it was! Someone in a taller truck (or something) had backed over the elise! Black rubber marks and scratches all the way to the black vents! marks up both lights, torn star shield in a few places, and ripped seal around the right headlight!!!!

I hate hit-n-runners!!!!!

Anyone know where to get Star Shield replaced? Is it dealer only?

Steve
:mad:

Sorry to hear that...

I keep reminding myself: "Never parallel park, even for a second"

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Sorry to hear that :(....an unwritten Lotus rule is never parallel park, if that is what you did :shrug:.
Michael

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
figured it was safe than the parking lot - obviously WRONG!!!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Some people will argue on here that "its just a car" and to not be so serious about parking completely out of the way. But this along with the countless other times it has happened to other people is the reason you should.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
sorry to hear that man

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Hopefully its just cosmetic on the shield.

·
Registered
826 Posts
That blows dude. Being backed into is the #1 "fender bender" to our little toys....only...we don't have bendable fenders now do we.

never park behind a car that will need to reverse to get out. I do it on occasion when I must...but....it's a risk I'm aware of...*sniff*

·
Registered
170 Posts
9.5/10 people where I live hit and run. I work in a store front where people parallel park. Every other week I see someone hit a car. Then those low lifes drive away.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hey man i am not sure how it works because i ended up not doing it and i dont know if every insurance company does it but if you call your insurance company and tell them your car was involved in a hit and run they might cover your car. I had my STI backed into and the person ran, called my insurance company and they said they would cover up to a $2000 dollar hit and run damage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts