The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I backed my 2001 Esprit V8 out of the garage and parked it in the driveway. I got out of the car and walked back into the garage and found this hose on the floor.

Based on how the car was parked and where the hose was located it would appear to have come from the rear passenger side of the car. Does anybody have any idea what this is and where it came from?

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Thats the gas vaper breather whose its most likly from you vaper canister. You will mast likly have a fuel smell in your cabin when you drive now. Just replace the whose with a better one

·
Registered
212 Posts
Perhaps from the canister. Could it also be the hose from the coolant expansion tank. The photo seems to show that only one end was connected/broke. The one closest to the camera looks to be a bit weathered. I believe a broken canister hose should light a CEL eventually.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No CEL showing so I'm going to check the overflow coolant tank first, I think it's in the rear passenger side wheel well which would be the right location.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,327 Posts
Do Renault transmissions have breather hoses like the Citroen 'boxes? (I'm betting NOT because they have outboard rear brakes)

What is the diameter of the hose? (Or perhaps place a nickel next to it and take another picture)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it's the weekend and I finally had some time to take a look under the passenger side rear wheel well. The hose is definitely from the coolant overflow tank, there's still a short piece left attached to the nipple.

Problem is the rest of the hose is shot, it just splits and disintegrates when you try and push it on to the nipple; well it is 13 years old, so it looks like a trip to Home Depot to see if I can get a new length of hose. But anyway an easy fix, probably one of the easiest I have ever had to do on this car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts