The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Evora back after a replacement clutch (amazing mechanic) and the backup camera is not working. I can go into the settings and turn on the camera manually, but when I put it into reverse, it doesn't turn on. I'd rather not bother Waldir on something little like this. Would you guys know what to do? Or, at least some suggestions? I am sure it's just a setting issue.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have the same unit in an 11 Evora. Your RCA cable is obviously connected since you can manually activate the camera. Pull the unit and check that the reverse gear signal wire is connected. It would be the violet/white wire on the HU's harness. On the Evora's harness it the single green wire connected to its own black connector. Make sure that connector didn't get unplugged from the harness adapter. I circled it in the pic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I would think that only the back half of the car was disassembled for a clutch job, so it would likely be related to that. Do your reverse lights come on when you put it into reverse? The camera and backup lights are all driven off the same fuse and circuit. If not, then check fuse R12 in the rear fuse panel.

Otherwise, it might be the reverse lamp switch isn't connected, which I believe is in the transmission case somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts