The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found my 2010 Evora started leaking coolant, ends up a bad heater core.
This seems odd for a car with only 9600 miles. Also found the sirpenteen belt has jumped out of the pullys by about 1/4" looks like something was rubbing on the belt.

Has anyone had there heater core replaced? Looks like a big job.

Has anyone had any belt problems? How do you even get to the belt?

·
Registered
595 Posts
"serpentine" <-- so it comes up in a search

Your heater core is leaking? So where exactly did the coolant manifest itself?

You aren't actually running your heater in June, are you? (Living in Texas, I can't imagine it...)

There's nothing interesting or unusual about the belt arrangement on an Evora, it's straight Toyota.

Sounds like someone was indeed mucking around in your engine bay at some point. Did you do a prepurchase inspection? Maybe it's time to consider a postpurchase one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi West of Hethel:

Seattle June weather this year has been in the low to mid 50's with a few days in the 60's so yes somedays you do use the heater. The heater core has a drain in the bottom of the plastic housing so if the heater core start to leak it will drain out this drain tube and that is where the leak is coming from.

What is interesting about the serpentine belt is something is rubbing or was rubbing on it. I have never had belt problems before on any of my new cars. I would think this is rare even for Toyota engine!

I did not do a pre-buy because I bought the car from a Lotus Dealer. I was told the car had a full inspection but it seem like someone drop the ball on this car.
So far they seem to what to fix all of the problems right away to make things right.

Also found today that the air conditioner radiator is now leaking, what's next?

I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Ok, something is definitely strange: to have the heater core or the AC condenser leaking on a fairly new modern car is very unusual; to have them both leaking is just about unheard-of. Either there's a problem in diagnosis or someone at one stage had the HVAC systems out of the car and reinstalled them badly. My guess.

The belt problem is rare, yes. Not serious, though, and surely once the dealer gives everything a good checkover (for real this time!) you'll be in business. Hang in there!

By the way, I would gladly swap your 60deg weather for the miserable, muggy 90+ we have here every day...

·
Premium Member
6,269 Posts
Records from original dealer and all Lotus records needed to see "who and what" fixed stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts