The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

Just recevied a call from Dave Behlmann formerly of Mid-Rivers Lotus in St. Louis. Seems his partner just bought him out by exercising a forced buy-out option. The Lotus mechanic, Omar Phelps left with Dave as well.

Now the worse news. The guy attempting to take Dave's place is a former Suntrup employee. Suntrup used to own the Lotus dealership in St. Louis when it was a complete disaster.

I'll keep you all abreast of any changes!

Mark Pfeffer - Grand Poobah St. Louis Area Lotus Lovers (STALLS)

STALLS Web Site

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
How did they force him to sell out? Most buy-sell agreements allow the party approached with a buy-out offer to flip it. I guess he didn't really want the dealership that bad or the offer was too good to refuse?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
BLOODY HELL, that's where I'm listed. Dave's always been a decent guy to deal with.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
That doesn't sound good at all! :mad: :mad: :mad:

And if the news about an ownership change wasn't bad enough, it has to be related to Suntrup. :eek: I promised myself that I'd never set foot in one of their dealerships again after the treatment I got at their Nissan branch.

Keep us posted, Mark!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Just got off the phone with the salesperson who took my order, according to him 'no change' but we all know how much weight to put in those words. As I said, BLOODY HELL.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Ok, I can't get this out of my head, I know the sky is not falling but I have a sense that I might have to wait a very long time for my car, or worse yet, loose service support from an understanding dealer. I know nothing about these guys, but I know enough about our fellow board members to put stock in your comments. There definitely is a forboding sense of doom permeating through your posts.

·
Registered
219 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Yep but if you guys have ordered already, don't see how they can change that.

Chris
But if the mechanic who presumably spent time at the post-Barber training session and has presumably spent the better part of the last few months getting familiar with the Elise is gone too, I'm glad I'm not in the top 5...

ps. Anyone know a good plaster worker? I've got a head-shaped hole in my wall now.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The loss of the Lotus mechanic is my biggest concern, hopefully they can find someone good to replace him.

Edit: I also wanted to add that I'm saddened to hear Dave got bought out. He seemed liked a good guy the few times I saw him.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
sonza68 said:

Edit: I also wanted to add that I'm saddened to hear Dave got bought out. He seemed liked a good guy the few times I saw him.
I only dealt with him via phone, but he was always decent and what he told me was well grounded.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have my order with Mid-Rivers

Dave B. was refreshingly nice to deal with; I have a bad feeling about this.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I wonder if Frank/Chuck included this information in the blue car spot he auctioned on Ebay for $15K? You guys think you might get bumped with your verified orders think of the poor sap that plunked down the $$$ to buy Frank/Chuck's spot. OUCH!

Feffman, let us know if you hear where Dave and/or the mechanic end up. If we can get a dealership open over here in KC soon enough maybe there would be a spot for them, in fact, if you have Dave's info PM it to me please and I'll call him and gauge his interest in starting something on this side of the state....

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have purchased two cars from Suntrup BMW and have never had a problem. My M3 was a year plus wait and no issues tryign to mark the car up so I won't worry too much just yet.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Feffman said:
Written into the contract John Knuckles (other owner) could exercise his option to buy Dave out at any time!
Doesn't sound like a very good contract for Dave! I assume he was a minority partner?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Later Apex said:

Feffman, let us know if you hear where Dave and/or the mechanic end up. If we can get a dealership open over here in KC soon enough maybe there would be a spot for them, in fact, if you have Dave's info PM it to me please and I'll call him and gauge his interest in starting something on this side of the state....
That would be great.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was looking forward to meeting Dave when I picked up my car, oh well.:(
# 28 at Mid-Rivers..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts