The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it might be a while before i get my lotus:(. My wife woke up 5 days ago and decided that she just isnt in love with me anymore. we are going to go to marriage counseling but she just wants a break from our marraige in hopes that she will realize what A******s other guys are and remember why she fell so deeply in love with me..:( This **** sucks!!!

plz advise...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
few more details

When she tlod me what was wrong I corrected all the problems in just a few days, she was afraid of my anger so I talked to a psycoligist and i was diagnoised with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and PTSD. I am on Anti-depressents now and i feel like my old self again. She saidthat i groped her too much so I stopped (is it that bad that i am so attracted i cant keep my hands off?) we have spent wayyyy to much time together due to opening a new buisness and we didnt get time to go out and have fun together and i think that that contributed to this. My only choices are marriage counseling and give her a break, or she says she will go to the court house and get divorced now. we are still best friends and living in the same house and working together.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Go get the book "Love and Respect". Today.

Implementing it has saved thousands of marriages.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
If you are serious I hate to say this but you would be a bigger man by letting her know you love her and let her go, and let the chips fall where they may - She has already made up her mind and go and get your Damn Lotus! Your going to need the distraction while your heart mends but suck it up!
Do not trouble yourself with what she is doing - DO NOT BE JEALOUS - DO NOT CALL HER - DO NOT STALK HER - GIVE HER THE FREEDOM SHE THINKS SHE WANTS - Don't look for a replacement, Just breathe in the change and time will do it's thing and enjoy the hell out life - Pain is Temporary!
Been there done that, got a t-shirt :)
And a LOTUS!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if we get divorced i will not be able to afford a lotus.
It sucks abecause she already told me that "yes you fixed all the problems, but you did it 4 days too late" she wants to try and fall back in love with me and she told me that she has never tried that for anyone before. BTW she is 28 i am 22 she is previously devorced and we met and got engaged in 78hrs of meeting. our marraige has been perfect up until 5 days ago. when we had problems we alwaysed talked them out. now she isnt even wearing her ring.:(

I will go get that book.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
If you love somebody, set them free...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am so glad i found this forum...lots of intelligent and respectible people on here....thanks for the advice so far. this hurts so bad :(

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Wow..., not sure what to say.... 22 seems young to be married, enjoy your life first...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow..., not sure what to say.... 22 seems young to be married, enjoy your life first...
I have done a lot though in my short time on earth thus far. 15 college credits (never been to college yet lol) 1year left to get my ASE certification to work on cars, Helocopter mechanic, 2x Iraq war Vet, Business owner, and no one helped me do any of it except the business my wife and me opened.
Where i work I am one of the older guys lol!!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
BTW she is 28 i am 22 she is previously devorced and we met and got engaged in 78hrs of meeting ... now she isnt even wearing her ring...
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but...

You're 22... and you spent a grand total of 78 hours in the presence of your betrothed before deciding to get engaged. I'd say 78 days is still marginal for deciding whether you should marry someone... if it's worth it, there's never a need to rush into something as serious as marriage.

You're 22... you've got plenty of time to wait for the right moment to get a Lotus

She's 28 and considering her second divorce? Maybe there's nothing you can do about it...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She's 28 and considering her second divorce? Maybe there's nothing you can do about it...
That is another worry i have..she was married to him for 6 wks i think

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
any woman's insight?

I know there are some great women on this site...any input/advice?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Dust,

As much as it hurts, the fact that she is ready to give up is a bad sign. How is this going to make things in the future? If you cannot make it through rough times, you can't make it. As much as you may want to fix it, some things are better left broken.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
all this BS and i am still awaiting that darn surgury\
all this stress is also bad for my MPG on my bike :shift:

Edit- didnt mean that these posts were BS...just the situation I am in is BS.

Thank you all for imput...i am young enough to know everything and just old enough to know that that really isnt true

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I hope your future holds better times.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts