The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I think he should get paid!! he was dismissed with no clear reason not to mention after Daily driving an Enzo @ Ferrari then Lotus making him drive a 2002 Esprit is ground for a lawsuit for permanent mental anguish, MR. Bahar "I approve your message"

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
The comments of this forum should be evidence as to why he was released.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
typically, missing your performance targets (massively) and putting your company into deep financial jeopardy, are grounds for dismissal...

·
Registered
215 Posts
typically, missing your performance targets (massively) and putting your company into deep financial jeopardy, are grounds for dismissal...
Yes, but they publicly said he misused company funds. If they can't prove that he probably has a case.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Depends upon where he lives. Here in Florida, it is a right to work state. You can be fired without any reason by your employer or quit you job at anytime without giving notice. Dont know how the laws in the UK work and if he had a guaranted contract.

Maybe his buddy Swizz Beatz will hire him as Head of the Swag Design at his company to repay him for the job Dany gave him at Lotus.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Yes, but they publicly said he misused company funds. If they can't prove that he probably has a case.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
if a VC lent you money to develop an iphone app, and you spent it on a dude to vinyl wrap your car and painted your house, and when they want to validate your milestones achieved against the funds spent (and they are massively off) - would that not be a misuse of funds?

none of us know the details of his contract, the leadership above him and etc... i think one thing for sure is that DRB wasted no time getting him under a new contract, and then eliminating him - i would imagine these 2 things are related....

the only thing dany wanted out of lotus was to soak it for as much margin as possible, he failed to meet the covenants of the money drawn down on the loans...

if i was a betting man, i would bet on DRB having their ducks in a row, and Dany not.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
If I remember correctly, I read somewhere (maybe a quote of his) that his contract was to have some type of provision that if he were to be let go for any reason, he'd be paid X amount of money or given shares of some sort. All this is hearsay of course but I believe that's what Dany is fighting for. If indeed his contract stipulates this then of course he has a case...whether he wins or not is entirely a different matter. The faster this goes away, the better. FWIW, I had high hopes for Lotus under DB's reign but unfortunately it was all for not and the faster this goes away they better. No sense in trying to beat a dead horse on who's right, who's wrong or who sucks...:D

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Misuse of funds, If provable, will violate any contract he had for termination compensation. In short, If he broke any law, (misuse of funds is a polite way of saying embezzelment) then any right he has to additional compensation for termination is voided. I think Lotus was hoping he would politely walk away, instead of risk being branded an embezzler; this has the ability to limit future jobs available to him if convicted. It is a high risk for him to bring this suit forward to it's conclusion. Perhaps he is rattling the saber in order to shake the money tree.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I would guess that you're not allowed to claim massive home renovations on two mansions in the same town on the company account.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts