The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Those are the optional diamond cut wheels that are included with First Editions. FE buyers can also spec full silver or gloss black forged wheels of the same design. There are 20" cast wheels that will come with the base spec Emira and the forged wheels will be a premium option.

There are pics of all the options here: http://instagr.am/p/CYrerd_F4H_/

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,709 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

Reactions: Catsailr27

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,709 Posts
I just realized that all three wheels are all named the same and appear in the small pictures in the configurator as the same wheel, just finished differently. They are not the same wheel though. I found some larger pictures and the diamond cut is a different wheel entirely. It will be interesting if we can get some specs on the weight. The ‘Diamond Cut Ultra Lightweight V-Spoke Forged Alloy appear to have more material so maybe a little heavier? Who has the specs?

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,709 Posts
I've been told, on another forum, that the silver wheel on the right is a base edition wheel and all the diamond cut wheels are the same except for the finish. It would be interesting to find out if they are correct in what they are saying.

·
Registered
808 Posts
IMHO, I like the Evora S diamond cut and Evora GT wheels over these new Emira wheels.
Agreed. The Evora S diamond wheels were really nice looking.

Reactions: zthang

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
1,398 Posts
I went with the Silver Ultralightweight, I figured they were the same pattern as the diamond cut just filled in with powdercoat. Kinda misleading as I am 99% sure that the configurator just filled in the color on the black spots.

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,709 Posts
I really wish there was some photos on the Configurator that showed close up photos of the wheels so we can request what we really want. I guess us folks getting I4s will have the opportunity to see real wheel options before we commit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just realized that all three wheels are all named the same and appear in the small pictures in the configurator as the same wheel, just finished differently. They are not the same wheel though. I found some larger pictures and the diamond cut is a different wheel entirely. It will be interesting if we can get some specs on the weight. The ‘Diamond Cut Ultra Lightweight V-Spoke Forged Alloy appear to have more material so maybe a little heavier? Who has the specs?

View attachment 1324410
No, the wheel on the left is forged, and is the standard wheel on FE V6 models in three finishes. The wheel on the right is cast, and not yet available; finishes available on base models TBD.

It’s confusing because the Shadow FE prototype that toured the globe had the cast wheels.
I've been told, on another forum, that the silver wheel on the right is a base edition wheel and all the diamond cut wheels are the same except for the finish. It would be interesting to find out if they are correct in what they are saying.
Do you mean all of the forged wheels (FE) are the same except for the finish? That is correct.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Grey
1,110 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

If the diamond cut wheels weren’t offered on the Emira, it wouldn’t be the first time the press car wheels weren’t made publicly available. This is a press image of the 400. Only one guy in the US has these wheels, and they might even be these wheels knowing him haha.

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pardon my ignorance but I'm still confused about diamond cut, is it the process used the cut the wheel or just having the exposure of the metallic areas of the wheel spokes?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I still think the forged Evora S two tone diamond cut wheel is one of the most beautiful wheels Lotus ever designed. In fact, if I were to purchase an Emira, I'd switch my Evora wheels onto it.

Maybe I'm biased but I felt that way before I purchased the car! o_O

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts