The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now this I gotta see:

Group Discuss Bringing Grand Prix To Baltimore - wjz.com

If this happened, and the race was downtown, the cars wouldn't make one lap with all their wheels in place. The 'locals' would do their own version of pit stops. More than a few would get carjacked.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Ever watch the Miami street races? A few years ago they were knocking holes in the gearboxes from the rough roads.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ever watch the Miami street races? A few years ago they were knocking holes in the gearboxes from the rough roads.
Good point. The streets in downtown Baltimore almost certainly would need to be resurfaced prior to the race, and there are not the $$$ there to do it.

But the street condition would be the least of their problems. With Baltimore's crime problem, even at the Inner Harbor, this race would look more like Death Race 2000 than it would an Indy Car event.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Street races, excepting Monaco, suck.
Isle of Man? Still true street. Doesn't suck.
Spa? LeMans? Semi-true street. Don't suck.
Old Assen? Didn't suck. New Assen? Closer to suck.
Old Nurburgring? Didn't suck. New 'Ring? Closer to suck.

Congratulations, I win for the post with the most frequent use of the word "suck." :clap:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Now this I gotta see:

Group Discuss Bringing Grand Prix To Baltimore - wjz.com

If this happened, and the race was downtown, the cars wouldn't make one lap with all their wheels in place. The 'locals' would do their own version of pit stops. More than a few would get carjacked.
Not sure why 'locals' is in quotes, (I got my ideas:no:) but this is one local that'll be in the grand stands or possibly renting a room at the Hyatt to watch.

Baltimore is just like most older cities. Crime is high in some areas and lower in others. Tourist areas are very safe, IMO. Sure, the roads around the Harbor are pretty bad , but that can be fixed pretty quick with the right investment.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
It’s IRL….so who gives a s***, IRL sucks.

I do hope that something will change soon.
well... DC did the barriers in a parking lot race... can't be any worse than that!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Isle of Man? Still true street. Doesn't suck.
Spa? LeMans? Semi-true street. Don't suck.
Old Assen? Didn't suck. New Assen? Closer to suck.
Old Nurburgring? Didn't suck. New 'Ring? Closer to suck.

Congratulations, I win for the post with the most frequent use of the word "suck." :clap:
OK, for current races I will give you Isle of Man as one of the most awesome racing venues in the world for bikes. I don't know anything about modern car usage.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
well... DC did the barriers in a parking lot race... can't be any worse than that!
I went to that one! ALMS Audis in a parking lot, 100 degrees plus - sad. The locals complained about the noise, one year and out. DC - local yokels running the Capital of the United States. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts