The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Baltimore trying for Indy Car street Race

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Uncle Sam 
#1 ·
Now this I gotta see:

Group Discuss Bringing Grand Prix To Baltimore - wjz.com

If this happened, and the race was downtown, the cars wouldn't make one lap with all their wheels in place. The 'locals' would do their own version of pit stops. More than a few would get carjacked.

#3 ·
Good point. The streets in downtown Baltimore almost certainly would need to be resurfaced prior to the race, and there are not the $$$ there to do it.

But the street condition would be the least of their problems. With Baltimore's crime problem, even at the Inner Harbor, this race would look more like Death Race 2000 than it would an Indy Car event.

#6 ·
Isle of Man? Still true street. Doesn't suck.
Spa? LeMans? Semi-true street. Don't suck.
Old Assen? Didn't suck. New Assen? Closer to suck.
Old Nurburgring? Didn't suck. New 'Ring? Closer to suck.

Congratulations, I win for the post with the most frequent use of the word "suck." :clap:

#9 ·
well... DC did the barriers in a parking lot race... can't be any worse than that!

#8 ·
Not sure why 'locals' is in quotes, (I got my ideas:no:) but this is one local that'll be in the grand stands or possibly renting a room at the Hyatt to watch.

Baltimore is just like most older cities. Crime is high in some areas and lower in others. Tourist areas are very safe, IMO. Sure, the roads around the Harbor are pretty bad , but that can be fixed pretty quick with the right investment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.