The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PCA will have charity track tour laps of Barber Motorsport's track at 11:00 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013. This will be in conjunction with their performance driver's education weekend. Suggested donation is $20. Barber is located on the eastern side of Birmingham, AL.

It would be great to have a few Lotuses there for the Porsches guys to drool over. My Evora always gets a very enthusiastic reception at Porsche club events. Just FYI, the PCA track and autocross events are open to Lotus owners as well.

If you want to do Barber tomorrow just PM me for details.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Same here! I volunteered for overtime.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would go, but I need more than 1 day notice.
Yea, sorry about the short notice. Unfortunately the light bulb to post it didn't click on any earlier. The switch is rusty and the operator, well......

But to make up for this faux pas I will give a count down to the next opportunity to drive Barber with the Alabama region of PCA. Registration for driving in this weekend's 2 day track event filled up in less then 12 hours with about 150 participants, so you pretty much have to register as soon as registration opens online to get in.

The charity track tours are done both Saturday and Sunday at lunch at each PCA Barber event. Those don't require pre-registration and have no limit on number of cars that can participate.

The next AL Region DE- Porsche club lingo for track day- will be in March. As soon as I have dates for opening of registration and the event, I will post them.

At this DE there were two other Lotuses, a 1967 Europa Gold Leaf and a brand new Exige V6 Cup just imported from Europe 3 weeks ago. The Europa was local to Birmingham and the proud Exige papa hails from Memphis (via England). I got pictures of both and will post them in a day or two. The gentleman with the Europa said there will be a dedicated track event for Lotus owners at Watkins Glen in July.

As always, the PCA folks were excellent event host.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Shoot me a PM to remind me for the next DE or email me.

I hear the PCA guys are cool. We have 6 Chin events planned this coming year and Auto X a lot but would love to bring both of ours up some time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts