The Lotus Cars Community banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
The seat looks awesome! Are you going to weigh them when they come in?
Got the seats today, took the passenger side out, took the rail off and weighed them against the carbon fiber ones, and was very surprised.

Standard Exige composite Probax seat: 15.7 lbs
Exige V6 carbon fiber seat: 10.4 lbs

So just 5.3 lbs savings per side, but you can definitely feel it.

I will also say the rail on the passenger's side seems very heavy at 4.9 lbs. I'll weigh the driver's side tomorrow and post some pix as well.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Got the passenger side seat in last night so I could finally sit in it. Yeah, wow, hard as a rock, much harder than the standard Exige Probax seat, just less padding. Lotus also makes this seat without the leather, and even thinner padding so you can be even more uncomfortable :D. That seat is 8.6 lbs total and pretty damn ugly!

First picture is the lightest variant of the V6 Cup carbon seat. Second picture is mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
So I finally got my S260 dry carbon interior finished, and couldn't be happier with the results. I had purchased the interior direct from Lotus last year, and each part looked a bit different. The weave was the same, but the finishing was all over the place with some being completely finished, and some not having almost any finish at all. I spoke with a local company that specializes in carbon fiber, and had the lot done in the latest matte clear, and had UV protectant added to it as well. The results are literally stunning.

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,260 Posts
And in sunlight, just wow. The best part is the ultra rare Scura center console, which never came on the S260, but was made to match perfectly. 1 of 3 produced in the world.
Nice, and much lighter are they?

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Nice, and much lighter are they?
The only thing that's massively lighter is the dash at 3.2 lbs. The rest is probably negligible. You have to remember, the only carbon fiber parts on the S260 cars that were done to really lighten the car were the dash, roof and seats, which had been in development for quite a while, and took quite a while to produce (the seats were hand-made, and halted production), the rest was literally made to spruce up the car. Even the rear spoiler is negligible on weight vs the normal plastic.

·
1,260 Posts
The only thing that's massively lighter is the dash at 3.2 lbs.
Have you been able to drive it in the sun yet with the new dash installed? I am curious if there is any glare on the windshield with the matte finish. There are different levels of matte based on how much is added to the clear.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Have you been able to drive it in the sun yet with the new dash installed? I am curious if there is any glare on the windshield with the matte finish. There are different levels of matte based on how much is added to the clear.
I have not installed the interior, as I'm considering selling it. However, the finish is definitely very flat, so I can't see it reflecting more than the stock dash. I have a 1-piece CF dash in my car now, made by a different company, and there is some reflection, but not much. I made sure that the finish on these parts would be less than that.

·
1,260 Posts
I have not installed the interior, as I'm considering selling it. However, the finish is definitely very flat, so I can't see it reflecting more than the stock dash. I have a 1-piece CF dash in my car now, made by a different company, and there is some reflection, but not much. I made sure that the finish on these parts would be less than that.
So you are selling the carbon fiber parts or selling your car?

181 - 197 of 197 Posts