The Lotus Cars Community banner

161 - 180 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Where would you get something like that done? I've seen it once, TurboPhil has a set of Toybox wheels that have been widened, so clearly it can be done. I'd be terrified to hand over my cup wheels though. I'm interested in hearing about how this goes if you decide to do it!
Believe it or not, Weldcraft wheels has a fantastic reputation, even though their website really needs some presentation work.

Welcome to Weldcraft Wheels | Weldcraft Wheels

I was quoted $215 a wheel to add up to 2", and another $50 each wheel to flatten the welds (which I'd do, of course).

The problem with going too big, as you might imagine, is that the wheel is already a +38, so even adding an inch makes it +63, needing a 15 to 25mm spacer (depending on the tire you run. If the wheels were a lower offset from the factory it'd make things a lot easier, but we can't have everything.

The ONLY reason I'm considering doing this is because my set of 240R wheels is mis-matched (silver fronts and black rears), so I have to get them refinished anyway.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Finally got my Tesla rear hub carriers in today, been wanting these for a while now. They will allow me to run the same 308mm motorsport rotors on the back as I do on the front. In the future I'll have the same front calipers on the back as well (along with a lightweight e-brake), but in the meantime, swapping this carrier will let me run my stock rear caliper on the bigger rotors.

Basically the Tesla carrier has been stretched 11mm outwards where the rear caliper mounts to accommodate the larger 110mm rotors they fit to that car because of the extra weight. Look for the red dots and you can see it pretty easily.

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,259 Posts

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
I like the non-cup exhaust, and the non-cup wheels.

Still can't beat Lotus LED tail lights IMHO.
The exhaust is designed in the original configuration, and lighter than the Cup exhaust. The wheels are much lighter than the original Cup Y-Type wheels, and even lighter than the 240R wheels.

I like the stock tails, at night, they have a great look to them IMO, which is why I'm keeping them, but I really like the GRP's, and how contemporary they make the car appear.

·
1,259 Posts
The exhaust is designed in the original configuration, and lighter than the Cup exhaust. The wheels are much lighter than the original Cup Y-Type wheels, and even lighter than the 240R wheels.

I like the stock tails, at night, they have a great look to them IMO, which is why I'm keeping them, but I really like the GRP's, and how contemporary they make the car appear.
I agree with all your points... no complaints here.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Finally got my S260 spoiler back from being refinished, and wow, what a stunner. I had purchased it with a lot of scratches and some paint issues. I spent quite a while sanding it just perfect, then send it to a local shop where my brother works, and he gave it a mile-deep clear, then sanded it to flawlessness. Just wow.

Cup seats are ordered, so those will be in soon, as well as the OEM Cup car racing radiator.

S260 details.
by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr

·
1,259 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
giving up the e-brake?
The stock e-brake is staying for the moment, but will be replaced by an ultra-light version in the future. I'm not entirely happy with any of the after-market solutions I've seen, and feel like for my purposes something very small and ultra-light could work for me. I don't use the e-brake for anything except to keep the car from rolling in certain situations, so a death-grip isn't really necessary.

161 - 180 of 197 Posts