The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hesitate to post this because there is so much misinformation about the sport package but it may be useful for someone.

I just removed my stock standard shocks last week after about 200 track miles on A048's. It was noticable that I was on the bump stops fairly often. This is probably why Lotus does not recommend using R-comps with the base suspension. Next step for me is Penske Triples

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
That is essentially what was speculated, thanks for confirming. I believe that Randy is even on the bumpstops occassionally with his sports suspension using Hoosiers, so it's possible to see how tightly tuned each shock is for its tire.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
The LSS setup also does this. Both wind up with about 3 degrees of roll angle. Tested with AD07, A048 and Hoosier tires.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I had a couple of bump stops at my last autoX with AO48s, non-LSS dampers but LSS springs. I think I'll need stiffer dampers before I go to Hoosiers...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Eliseowner2B has run A048s on the standard suspension on both the track and autocross and don't recall him mentioning any issues. Dan did you notice that you were hitting the bump stops?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Anyone know off hand how big the bump stops are. Maybe they could be trimmed down. The stock class Solo2 rules specifically say that bump stops may be shortened so shouldnt be an issue there.
I don't know how much travel the stock shocks have so shortening the bump stops a lot may cause damage to them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts