The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Buzzman said:
I dyno'ed out at 229 hp at the wheels and 185 torque with a Turbo XS intake and a Zex 75 shot, you know what!

Fuel air mix is perfect, no problems.

Other than that.....all stock and extremely quick, quick, quick.

How do I attach my pic of the dyno to post it for all to see?
Attached Dyno below. I will get a cd for a clean digital shot of my dyno.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Bone stock pull versus stage 1 mods :evil:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Exige S Dyno

Here is my dyno set from today. Exige S, Larini Exhaust, Daytona intake, otherwise stock (stock cat). Note the 219 hp at the wheels. Not bad for a car that is supposed to be 220 hp.

We also drilled a hole just downstream from the intercooler to measure boost pressure. For some reason, the boost reading was uneven. Not sure about that, but it does look somewhat consistent. I think the average boost reading (using an analog pressure gauge) was about 6.5 psi. Note in the first run, we did not have the boost sensor hooked up.

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Here is a comparison of my N/A Exige with the Exige S (from the same dyno shop).

N/A Exige: Larini exhaust, Daytona intake, ForcedFed headers, ForcedFed sport-cat.
Exige S: Larini exhaust, Daytona intake. (stock cat)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Looks like the engine knocked around 6200 RPM

·
Registered
371 Posts
25psi_Elise_Killer said:
Looks like the engine knocked around 6200 RPM
How so? Are you referring to the N/A Exige run? That dip is the cam switchover.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Thanks a lot for posting! A 40 HP difference!!! you have the stock cat on there?

I'm going to try to have mine done still. I've only done the desnorkel/funnel mod. Still haven't put on my exhaust yet.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Charlie, any thoughts on the shallow torque valley in the 7,000-7,700 range? It's very consistent run to run. The A/F and boost (as ragged as the measurement is) doesn't seem to be a cause. Timing pulled for some reason maybe? Or a result of intake/exhaust resonance?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Exige S
FF street header w/ highflow cat
Arqray single ti

First run is a 3rd gear roll on
Seccond run is a 4th gear WOT

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
S1 Exige Rover 1.8L VHPD N/A (1580 lbs car):D
stock header, Yoshimura exhaust , Piper 1444 cams with Emerald ECU (stand alone)
Lower map is last season before I ported the head.
Power to wieght ratio of 8:1 :coolnana:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Exige S w/FF Headers

Exige S, Larini Exhaust, FF street headers & cat, ReVerie Daytona Intake, Shell V-Power 92 gas.

This compares my best run w/o the headers with the best run with the headers. The best run was obtained by spraying compressed air into the roof intake to cool the charge-cooler. Intake air temp went from 85 deg F to 123 deg F in 1 pull!

I'm concerned now that it is too lean. We may install larger injectors.

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
dynosaur! now that is funny. rotfl

what do you mean "mysterious reflash?"

·
Inactive
831 Posts
05 Elise, 7000 miles, all stock. Dyno measures at the hubs, so expect a higher reading than an inertia dyno. The lack of go between 4500 and 6500 rpm is apparent.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
shay2nak said:
dynosaur! now that is funny. rotfl

what do you mean "mysterious reflash?"
Because it was done last year at Lotus Of South Bay, before I owned the car, and before all these various options were on the market. So I would assume that its the Lotus Sport ECU, but I can't say with 100% certainty....but its obviously NOT stock :D

21 - 40 of 132 Posts