The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
raygr said:
Exige S, Larini Exhaust, FF street headers & cat, ReVerie Daytona Intake, Shell V-Power 92 gas.

This compares my best run w/o the headers with the best run with the headers. The best run was obtained by spraying compressed air into the roof intake to cool the charge-cooler. Intake air temp went from 85 deg F to 123 deg F in 1 pull!

I'm concerned now that it is too lean. We may install larger injectors.
Update?

·
Vendor
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Here is the latest update on the XP car. This still a stock motor with upgraded valvesprings and ARP studs only. Car is running C12 Race gas with newer 28RS turbo and standalone ECU from ForcedFed.

Attachments

·
purveyor of lightness
4,150 Posts
fzust said:
Here is the latest update on the XP car. This still a stock motor with upgraded valvesprings and ARP studs only. Car is running C12 Race gas with newer 28RS turbo and standalone ECU from ForcedFed.
Fred, if you come to Bobby's in Topeka next month for dinner - I want a ride... :bow:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Why are the numbers so low the mods that you have?

·
Registered
371 Posts
charlie - I'm planning to add a new SC pulley, plus we thought the A/F was too lean before we were able to tune it.

funS111 - I'm not sure why so low. They started higher, and dropped a little over time. The Piper cams made very little extra, so they were a waste.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Here is another :)

Attachments

·
purveyor of lightness
4,150 Posts
Dyno from this morning:

Setup:
- Stock air box, desnorkled, disconnected solenoid/flap
- Green filter
- +5mm MaxBore throttle body
- Katana reflash / 8.5psi Supercharger (Sector111/Charlie)
- NGK Iridium plugs
- ForcedFed street header
- No cat
- 6" 2bular exhaust
- Fresh Motul 8100 oil
- Fldanza flywheel / ACT XT-SS clutch / Redline MT-90

It's all in line with what I thought I'd make...

Bone stock was: 167.31 whp / 120.73 wtor

TurboXS intake, ForcedFed street header, no cat, 6" 2bular exhaust: 177.17 whp / 126.04 wtor... about 9.86 whp / 5.31 wtor more than stock.

Sector111 Katana on a bone stock car made 215.90 whp / 141.52 wtor.

Tack on those mod additions of 9.86 whp / 5.31 wtor difference and you get: 225.76 whp / 146.83 wtor... pretty damn close to what the runs above!

Most importantly I can now say I have an Elise 260R... kind of ;)

70 hp over stock :coolnana:

It pulls at 3500 rpm like it used to pull at 6800 rpm... and KEEPS ON GOING! 11.999 at the strip in November or bust!

9/1/2007 EDIT: Looks like I need more fuel/ignition advance up above 6500rpm - torque is very nice but drops substantially off the 8.5psi TriPoint XEDE tune that Dave has:

·
Registered
474 Posts
:wallbang:
Your post only gets me impatient waiting for stage 2 or BWR kit. Please stop it.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
Awesome results darksol!!! Keep your eye out for jlitman's race header for better top end gains ;) . And if you'd like, look into stage 3 piper cams, valves, springs, and an upgraded oil pump gear to rev to 9,000 rpms for even more powaaaaa.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
nice dyno, David. Looks like you could bump your redline higher if you wanted to.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
here's my dyno from this morning. I should have told the guy to run past 8k the first time because the damn heat soaked during the other 4 runs. It was so goddamn loud I had to cover my ears! :evil:

Stock everything...Green filter/desnorkel and 2b blowpipe. I'm a little dissappointed that I didn't get over 200 which i think everyone is getting on a DYNOJET, weird to me...I'm going back in about 3 weeks to retest when I install Gotham 265.

1st is the last run which he took it all the way to 8500 and the last is all 4 runs, you can see the first one which stopped at 7500 was higher than all the others...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
here's my dyno from this morning. I should have told the guy to run past 8k the first time because the damn heat soaked during the other 4 runs. It was so goddamn loud I had to cover my ears! :evil:

Stock everything...Green filter/desnorkel and 2b blowpipe. I'm a little dissappointed that I didn't get over 200 which i think everyone is getting on a DYNOJET, weird to me...I'm going back in about 3 weeks to retest when I install Gotham 265.

1st is the last run which he took it all the way to 8500 and the last is all 4 runs, you can see the first one which stopped at 7500 was higher than all the others...
weird under 200whp in an exige S? I havent seen a dyno under 203whp.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
weird under 200whp in an exige S? I havent seen a dyno under 203whp.
yeah, I'm almost tempted to go back again today...when I arrived I had to wait about 20-30 minutes before the runs, so it cooled down a bit. I'm pretty sure it's a heat soak issue. The first run is 8whp more than the last run at 7500rpm. So I know at least 8hp is lost at 8-8.5k. The intercooler was real hot at the end of only 4 runs. They had a fan going, but it wasn't helping at all. Not to mention it's warm out here today...Next time I go I'll let it really get cool before I do the runs...if I get the ~230whp from gotham, then I know it was a heat soak issue. I just didn't realize how sensitive the whole system was to heat soak...and with the green filter & exhaust I was hoping to see ~205 or so. The operator did mention that his dyno reads about 2% lower than other dynojets. Another thing is I wish I found these guys when my car was stock, I would of had a good baseline to start from. I could put the stock filter & exhaust back...

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The problem looks more to be the torque falling off quicker then normal. Peak wise its not that far off (5000 RPM area), but it starts to dwindle away. Add another 10 ft-lbs back at 8000 RPM and you've got your 200HP.

Thats my $0.02

41 - 60 of 132 Posts