The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply Sports Cars has prepared and is providing support for 2 Supercharged Exige’s in this years Bathurst 12 Hour endurance race which begins 5am tomorrow morning Sydney time (GMT +10).

The white Eagle 1 Car (#10) usually driven by Mark O'Connor in the Australian GT series has been prepared with auxiliary fuel cells taking the capacity of the car up to 90L in the hope that we can run for an hour at a time on e85. Current fuel calculations have us using 3.3L per lap though so we will be pushing it!

The red Queensland House and Land Car (#62) owned and driven by Rob Thomson isn’t running with e85 for fuel but does have ex Jaguar F1 and current Aston Martin works driver Christian Klien behind the wheel!

Both cars have their work cut out for them keeping some very quick company including 2 new Ferrari 458 GT3's, 3 Audi R8 LMS's, 2 Mercedes SLS AM's plus many more. For a full list of cars and results check out the results of Q1 here http://www.timing.bathurst12hour.com.au/results.php?race=26 and for all the photos and footage from the last 2 days and live updates during the race tomorrow check out our Facebook page Simply Sports Cars - Automotive - Artarmon | Facebook

Q2 starts in 5 minutes so I better get back to it!

Stu

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Good luck guys/gals ... awesome job!!

If I ever get serious sponsors I hope to bring my 07 Exige S there.

Keep us posted.

Cheers, Rob.

P.S. Cars look beautiful!

·
Registered
571 Posts
If you follow Fox's SPEED in the US, it should be on sometime there. My mate works for them locally and went down to cover it. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts