The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of the world鈥檚 great automotive events, this streams live (and free) starting in about 18 hours, about 2:00 EST. Awesome track, great teams and drivers. But no Lotus 馃槩

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
This track is unbelievable. World鈥檚 best GT3 teams and drivers. Excellent commentators.

Rain on the way with 3:45 to go. 馃槺

Premium Member
I've been enjoying this one, too. Never knew about Mount Panorama either. What an awesome track - reminds me of a shorter version of Nurburgring with all the altitude change in the twisties.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Alright! Crewe wins and Surrey second on the podium! Maybe Hethel some day.

Premium Member
I pretty much watched the whole thing..on and off. That Bentley was so strong. Ugly AF though. Thanks for turning me on ton this one.

Premium Member
Yes, it was obvious that both Bentleys were just capable of more on this track than the other contenders were. If the 8 car hadn't broken it would have been in the top 10 by the end of the day despite its mechanical problems and starting at the back of the pack. The excellent commentary included a discussion of fuel economy, and that the Bentleys were getting 31 laps/fill versus the 36 or so that the Porsches were getting. Initially I thought this would spell doom for Bentley, but they planned their stops well and the 7 car had faster stops than the competition did on at least one critical occasion.

Every time the 7 car got down a place they'd just turn the wick up when they could get some clear track and eat up the competition. An impressive win by any measure. As for ugly, well, it looks like a Bentley. I found the side aspect of the car more appealing than the Mercs, though - they really aren't attractive from a 3/4 rear view. Another aspect of 'ugly' was that I could immediately distinguish the Bentleys from a front view. Not so between the Audis, Hondas, and Nissans. I had to learn the livery colors to distinguish them consistently. So much for brand representation.

I did find it interesting that there were three marques from VAG (Bentley, Porsche, Audi) and that they still managed to be very different from each other in essentially all ways.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
The commentary sets the bar. The snore fest on the F1 feed could not even imagine.

I like the look of the Continental GT3. Still unconvinced of the single rear tail lights on the street car but that front end is distinctive. Check out the long window with no dividing post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts