The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my first day of ownership, I'm bruised on my:

1. Inner side of my left leg from hitting the side sill several times;
2. Bruise above my left elbow from hitting the left side of the driver's seat sevearl times;
3. Left ankle feels sprained from carrying my weight while getting in and out.

So, how do I feel after my first full day of ownership? I LOVE THIS CAR!!! :clap:

It's steering is precise, immediate, confidence inspiring, and extremely agile. Sitting it the seat feels like you're in a Forumula One car. Acceleration is really impressive from 2K to 4K rpm. Ironically, the demo car didn't feel as good.

Some concerns I have are:

1. When slowing down, there's sometimes a noise that sounds like metal rubbing metal. It sounds like "ARRRRG."

2. When getting out of the car, I'm putting my left hand on the edge of the side sill. I can feel it move when I put my hand on it. Will I damage it?

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:

1. When slowing down, there's sometimes a noise that sounds like metal rubbing metal. It sounds like "ARRRRG."

2. When getting out of the car, I'm putting my left hand on the edge of the side sill. I can feel it move when I put my hand on it. Will I damage it?
1. TADTS. I think you are talking about the gear noise? It took me a while to get used to it.

2. WADTS. I think it cause the foam to get squeezed out a little, but no biggie and easy to push back in. Putting your hand there is a good technique.

·
Registered
213 Posts
After my first day of ownership, I'm bruised on my:
Ha! I feel the exact same pain in the same places after one day of ownership. My dealer should have thrown in a free massage instead of a useless keychain.

But its worth the pain.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
This is pretty funny. I have three problem spots (2 now):

1) halfway between my right elbow and shoulder I had a huge bruise for months. I used that spot to push off when getting out of Liz. That spot no longer bruises.

2) left leg, outside, just below the knee. That's where it rests against the sill.

3) right leg, outside, just below the knee. That's where it rests against the spine.

2) and 3) are especially worse after autoxs. I guess I use my legs as body stabilizers at high speeds. Those spots are getting better, as I develop the equivalent of surfing knots there. That's it.

I will add that Liz heals my mind on each drive. :)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I have none of the reported problems with my car. Whilst waiting for my car I decided to lose some of my bulk. I went from a relatively trim 234 lbs to a race ready lean 170 lbs. This made my ingress and egress much much easier. When I originally drove the Euro car, it was a real challenge, as was space for my legs... Not a problem anymore. I didn't lose too much strength either which is a real plus.

So how much HP did I gain by losing 64 lbs?:D

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Jet, do you have a CG-Lock? :)

I used to bruise too from autox.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
LOL. I have Get the left and right leg briuising from track use. After my first week, I had bruises on the outside of my left upper arm. By the third day, when it hurt, I realized I was pressing against the door latch pin during my egress :)
I know I will need to do something about the leg bruising though, after 2 days of hard cornering they were about 6 inches long. Shorts and knee pads should look pretty funny..

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Derek said:

So how much HP did I gain by losing 64 lbs?:D
14lbs/HP, however, these were not 'gained' HP, these are 'recovered' HP since the driver wt is reduced. Good job.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Randy-pardon my ignorance, but what's CG lock??:confused:

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
adamant;try sailing shorts,they have pockets for pads built in:clap:

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the confirmations. Eventually, I'll develop the muscles to get in and out of the Elise. :) I hope to have images posted by this weekend.

And for the serious autocrossers, perhaps this may help reduce some of the bruising:

:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts