The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the case outside the battery is really loose. The battery itself seemed pretty secure (white exide) but the case is really loose and i cant seem to figure out how to tighten it up. Should I be worried about this. P.S.. I do plan on buying a different battery and bracket for it since i know of the problems with them coming loose.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Case = plastic thing that goes around the battery?

If so... no problems. tadts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
It is indeed no big deal. The case is sometimes used to hold the owner's manual and just stop metal things from touching the battery. Perhaps to contain the leakage in earlier batteries from Lotus. :)

I ended up taking mine out and never using it again.

·
Registered
100 Posts
So that's what that black plastic thing was in my boot......:rolleyes: On the topic of loose batteries....what is the best way to secure the battery for "spirited" driving conditions? Is there a commercially available replacement bracket assembly that is trustworthy? (I suppose I could just fill the boot up with foam and slam the lid)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
So that's what that black plastic thing was in my boot......:rolleyes: On the topic of loose batteries....what is the best way to secure the battery for "spirited" driving conditions? Is there a commercially available replacement bracket assembly that is trustworthy? (I suppose I could just fill the boot up with foam and slam the lid)
Not for the stock battery. What I did was got some industrial strength velcro and lined the bottom of the battery with it. Additionally add some foam tape to the sides of the bracket.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
i designed a hold down for an interstate battery. i made 2 one has been running around the track for about 9 months and was just in and still tight s can be. unfortunatly all i have left right now is the orignal prototype. but i do know it works well

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
i designed a hold down for an interstate battery. i made 2 one has been running around the track for about 9 months and was just in and still tight s can be. unfortunatly all i have left right now is the orignal prototype. but i do know it works well
Details?

·
Registered
355 Posts
soon. i am working with someone right nowto see about possibly getting it made and available for all
Any progress? Need to secure battery for autocross purposes (stock class).

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Go to radioshack, get some industrial strength velcro and line the bottom of the battery and the trunk floor, it won't move a mm after that.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Go to radioshack, get some industrial strength velcro and line the bottom of the battery and the trunk floor, it won't move a mm after that.
My experience is that the velcro can be strong enough, but the adhesive on the velcro is not. At least after some time where it adheres to the primer painted fiberglass.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I recently put the possibility of manufacturing in Chuck Risen's hands. check with him. chuck_risen is his LT name.

T.J.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I recently put the possibility of manufacturing in Chuck Risen's hands. check with him. chuck_risen is his LT name.

T.J.
Thanks, T.J. Will check with chuck_risen.

Tony

1 - 16 of 16 Posts