·
Registered
1,831 Posts
How much are you looking to get?

·
Registered
443 Posts
What for?

What is the purpose of the battery cover? I'd like to leave it off so I can have better access to the battery, for charging, etc.

What would I risk by leaving the cover off?

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
What is the purpose of the battery cover? I'd like to leave it off so I can have better access to the battery, for charging, etc.

What would I risk by leaving the cover off?
Something metal in your trunk falling across the battery terminals causing a direct short, followed by spectacular arching and fireworks, and finally a really loud explosion when the hydrogen from your excessively gassing and overheating battery in the trunk lights off and blows your rear clam apart. :panic:

Other than that, there is no risk with leaving the cover off.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Something metal in your trunk falling across the battery terminals causing a direct short, followed by spectacular arching and fireworks, and finally a really loud explosion when the hydrogen from your excessively gassing and overheating battery in the trunk lights off and blows your rear clam apart. :panic:

Other than that, there is no risk with leaving the cover off.
I'll make sure to get a picture. (tongue in cheek)

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
I'll make sure to get a picture. (tongue in cheek)
And I would love to see that photo! :crazyeyes :D

Seriously, another good reason to use the cover is to help contain spilled acid from a leaking battery so it doesn't get all over the stuff you keep in the trunk. It tends to contain a leak to the corner of the trunk so there isn't such huge mess to clean up.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Do you have any idea how much you are looking to get? I dont know what to offer, I have seen them sell for $10, $25.. I had one guy offer to sell me his for $75, but I think $75 is too waaayyy too much..

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I'll find out for you when I get a chance.
What area of Sacto do you live? I grew up near Ranch Cordova.
I grew up in Rancho. Then lived off of Bradshaw for about a year and just moved to Citrus heights.. Still have to move all the "toys" from the garage..

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
hurry, theres a guy selling 2 at 25 shipped a piece :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts