The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, didnt see a thread on this so thought Id post one. Thinking of putting a battery disconnect in my Elise. Would like to see what others have done as far as type, mounting, etc.
So if you have one.... Post a pic!

·
Registered
624 Posts
I 3D printed a cutoff switch holder that mounts to the support bars up in the clam. This works because I have an aftermarket intake (Reverie Daytona, I think). I still have to keep the car on a battery charger or else it drains.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Howdy, didnt see a thread on this so thought Id post one. Thinking of putting a battery disconnect in my Elise. Would like to see what others have done as far as type, mounting, etc.
So if you have one.... Post a pic!
Right now I have something that is NOT fancy at all. I installed it quickly before shipping the car via ship to Europe. I had some guy from the Army motor pool help me simply add a cut off (green/red type) cut-off switch box directly in line with the battery cable. Same gauge. For now, it simply is in the hatch near the battery...but I'd like to eventually put it someplace a safety crew could access it in an emergency.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really for a safety crew so much as when I work on the car and have to disconnect power or when it’s gonna sit for a while

·
Premium Member
11,319 Posts
I have a generic battery cut off in the trunk on the battery. It works great and I have never needed to put the car on a tinder. I will try to find a picture.

So, your car isn't into dating???

·
Registered
100 Posts
Check out this thread...

Man do I like that Lotus Sport image in that thread...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts