The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Try as I have, I cannot find the boot closed sensor / position switch which turns on/off the boot lights. I had to put a battery minder on the car near constantly as I don't drive it enough to keep the battery up. I often forgot and the battery would drain in a couple few days, and then I was locked out of the boot, having to hope I could get the manual release to work. After trial and error I determined the boot lights were on constantly draining the battery even w/ the boot closed. I pulled the lights and the battery would last 4 weeks or more without the battery minder. Still cannot find the boot sensor (faulty?) so I put a manual rocker switch to control the boot lights. Any assistance on the boot sensor location / operation would be greatly appreciated. The service manual and wire diagrams don't provide any clue.

Steve
St. Louis
'06 Exige Solar Yellow
'11 Evora 2+0 Ardent Red

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
According to the wiring diagram, the contact switch is in the tailgate and has a red-grey wire running to it. Pop the trim off the tailgate and follow that wire-- part of the latch assembly would be my guess.

I like your solution though, very tidy!

·
Illegal Alien
4,971 Posts
It is in the latch (hatch lid part) Just set the latch closed. I tie a red strap on it so as to not accidentally try to close hatch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts