The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Need to know where is the best place to put a battery Isolation switch for racing.

I believe I have the FIA approved switch, a big red key needs to be inserted to turn on/off.

Where is it meant to be mounted?

Half of me thinks on the inside, the other half thinks on the outside next to the fire extinguisher pull handle.

If on the inside, where?

Thanks all!

James Hochmuth
Millennium Edition 111S

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
You really want it in both places. One inside for the driver and one outside. If you have a fire system and a pull handle for it outside the car the power switch should be near this.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Well, based on my *very* limited racing experience, I'd recommend getting a copy of the rulebook for whatever racing series you plan on competing in. It'll probably have this answer. You don't want to go through the effort of installing one, only to find out later that you need to move it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
finding out...

Hello all,

I am learning more as I read. I see that I need to get a new kit, the one I purchased does very little for internal/external needs... And I bought it from Lotus Motorsport... The shame...

I have already mounted a Fire system with external point, so I will be mounting the kill switch next to it, as seen on the racing Elises, just didn't know that it had to be in two places, as I only ever seen it on the outside.

James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts