The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my oem Exide+ battery was dead and my attempts to recharge it still only shows 12.4V on my meter. Also the circular indicator on the battery is indicating a black 'need charging' status instead of the green indication. Time for a new battery?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a desufating recharger. Just a trickle/jump start charger from sears. I've got the battery tender plus on order.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I don't have a desufating recharger. Just a trickle/jump start charger from sears. I've got the battery tender plus on order.
For the record, the Battery Tender does not do the desulfating - the Battery MINDer does - that's the difference between the two...

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
As a point of information, desulfating only has a chance of being effective if the the condition is not progressed too far. Basically, it sets up a resonance that is supposed to break the sulfur deposits loose from the plates which it is insulating.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol.. well I just ordered a Battery Minder too. Maybe I should have just gone straight to ordering a new battery in the first place. ;-p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts