The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone send me a pic of an OEM battery mount and tie down? I currently have an Odyssey PC680 (?) battery and I'm tired of it. It sits on a trickle charger overnight and it still has issues starting after the 4th time or so.

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
I have an even smaller PC625 and it lasts for a month. Immobiliser is off BTW. Either your alarm is draining it or its getting old. Mine is 4 yrs old and not as good as it used to be.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
You can see part of the OEM bracket here: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/1658020-post11.html . The other half looks just the same. Then there is a similar bracket on the back side of the battery that is oriented a bit different. The OEM part is just the metal bracket resting on the battery "lip". The rest of the metal under the battery, holding the CF, etc is not OEM standard issue.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an even smaller PC625 and it lasts for a month. Immobiliser is off BTW. Either your alarm is draining it or its getting old. Mine is 4 yrs old and not as good as it used to be.

It's a new battery and the alarm is disabled.

Anyone have any clue on whoult would cause the car to act like it has a dead battery? If I try to start it gives me one click and then nothing. After trying a few times it may start.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Sorry to jack the thread, but I must inquire, there is a way to disable the immobilzer?!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I thought the same thing, but found it in the uberpost. I'd link, but iPhone...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anything and everything you need to know about the immobilizer, keyfobs, and disabling them:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f320/remote-key-fob-immobilizer-misc-alarm-programming-70940/

Mine is disabled as well, so much easier...

-------------------

I'd like to see a pic of an original battery bracket as well. I'm convinced it's supposed to be held down by the velcro strip at the bottom! :confused:

My battery is being held somewhere near the left side of the trunk by the random assortment of junk I have stashed in there also, but when I empty it for my first autox event this saturday, we're going to have a problem. Even more so if I smash my lights or clam in the meantime. Any ideas? Not really enough time in my week to build something bulletproof as a permanent solution, I just need to know how it was supposed to mount so I can get it installed correctly.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have an Odyssey PC680 connected to a Battery Tender Plus sometimes for 8 months or longer and it stays fully charged. Since the car is in a locked garage with a big F150 parked in front of the garage door, I leave the alarm deactivated.

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
They want to steal an Elise, 4 big dudes just pick it up and walk away, put it on trailer etc.
That alarm is just an over the top annoyance which seems to be a Cobra tradition.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Do you need a stock mount? I have one I threw in the trash a few days ago, I'm sure it's close to the top in the can.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's a new battery and the alarm is disabled.

Anyone have any clue on whoult would cause the car to act like it has a dead battery? If I try to start it gives me one click and then nothing. After trying a few times it may start.
Do you still have power to everything else when this happens? Have you checked the battery voltage?

If the battery is new, I would check to make sure the connections are good.

It could also be the starter solenoid. Just had to replace the starter in my Mazda because it would do that. Just a click sometimes, would start ok other times.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I just did a write up on the Odyssey in the Comprehensive Exige 260 Registry.

You should not connect a trickle charget to an Odyssey. Odyssey batteries are AGM and require a particular kind of float charger - not trickle. And you can not just use any kind of float charger or else that too may result in discharging the battery. A list of approved float chargers can be found on their website here - Odyssey approved chargers

A PC680 has adequate amperage but not an adequate capacity rating. A well maintained Odyssey will last a very long time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts