The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
great day all
anyone have a battery relocation, and good fitting disconnect
I am hoping to achieve this, through the passenger side intake. though it obviously gets used often if your not driving the car much

·
Registered
789 Posts
Not sure I'm following you...? Have you already relocated your battery to the passenger side behind the firewall and want a disconnect switch that is accessible from the pass side vent?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not done anything. wondering if there is a consensus on both together please
cheers

·
Premium Member
11,871 Posts
What is your purpose and goal??

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Purpose is to be able to disconnect power. I would prefer this, over running a extension cord. Disconnecting power does not seem to have any real effect on the car. The goal, would be simpler existence.

and yes, google too is great. Along with the added disconnect. Maybe I still can not find someone who has the relocated battery for clam tilt, with the disconnect switch handy. Maybe it is better behind passenger seat. or...?

·
Premium Member
11,871 Posts
I had some trouble understanding this word salad, so please forgive me.

1. What does Google have to do with this??

2. Isn't there very little space behind passenger seat? Were you thinking of cutting to make room?

3. Why do you want to disconnect power? Cut off switches are easy to get & install.

4. Do you have a clam tilt mechanism??

5. What extension cord????

6. Are you trying to avoid moving battery to tilt clam???

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Google comment. Without the adder of disconnect
I had some trouble understanding this word salad, so please forgive me.

1. What does Google have to do with this??

2. Isn't there very little space behind passenger seat? Were you thinking of cutting to make room?

-true, and without removing and making the side scoop brittle. Another location would be prudent. I expect there is room just on top of the fuel tank, on the bulk head/firewall for a switch. Then, the driver could reach it without much contortion.

3. Why do you want to disconnect power? Cut off switches are easy to get & install.

- cut off switch’s, like disconnect switch’s, close or open the electrical current. They are easy to get and I have many different styles. I could install one in a few minutes. It’s true! For me, the ideal spot is within drivers reach. With little or no stretching/contorting. I understand some have put near battery and open bonnet or reach through the side scoop. Too much hassle, and not as safe as far as I can tell.

4. Do you have a clam tilt mechanism??

Yes

5. What extension cord????

Well, if I were to use a “batter tender” style product. They require a plug from typically 120v. So an extension cord, unless the garage happens to have one at the correct location where the car parks.

6. Are you trying to avoid moving battery to tilt clam???

Yes, freeing up luggage space. Bringing weight forward. And making work project for a value added Elise.

Kind Regards

·
Premium Member
11,871 Posts
Put battery in as far forward in passenger footwell as possible. Improves weight distribution and easy to put battery switch thereabouts. Plus, free luggage space;

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone done the front right of engine bay relocation, and have a good solution for disconnect placement

1 - 13 of 13 Posts