The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery holds a charge for maybe a day. I need a new one! I researched on here and found little in the way of replacement batteries. Anyone have knowledge for a replacement BESIDES a Braille or Odyssey? No site seems to offer Lotus replacement parts...other than a dealership. I'm looking for a regular battery here. Thanks in advance.

P.S. no "use the search" me too-ers need apply, as I already stated I did copious search on here AND Google. :p

·
Registered
330 Posts
Go to a Batteries Plus store. I bought a Ŵerker battery that has the same footprint as the OEM battery and used the same mounts, but it is a tiny bit taller (with the top posts). However, it also has side terminals that I find more convenient to use and I just cut the top terminals off. It fits fine under the battery cover. The battery costsabout $26 with trade-in of the old core (regular price was $46 and it was on sale). It's not the replacement battery listed for the OEM battery (I think that it's a motorcycle battery), but it's sealed. I have it in my rebuild project and it is great. It sits for long periods without problem (though I usually try to keep a battery tender on it). The model number is DTB.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
...lasts longer than the bunny

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts