The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have a Braille Battery and we all know it runs out of juice in about 5-6 days of not driving, I have a Battery Minder hookup under the front jump start panel. It is very useful, easy to use and unobtrusive. I park in the garage and have my battery minder plugged in at all times. When I pull in I connect the minder to the car, by pulling the cabe out, removing the cap and connecting it.<br>

Here is how I did it:

1. I took the ring terminal connector (first picture).
  2. Then I disconnected the battery in the trunk.
  3. I removed the front access cover to the jump start terminals
  4. I unscrewed the red terminal and pulled the rubber cap off (10mm wrench/socket, I think).
  5. I put the new red (+) terminal ring through and connected both to the post again. I put the cap back.
  6. Then I connected the black (-) one.
  7. I think I put terminal protectant over the posts - but now that I think about it I don't recommend it
  8. I put the panel back
  9. Finally I tucked the wire behind the panel

The panel is a bit flexible and you can pull the connector out and put back without trouble or damage.
The cable never comes out when I do not want it.

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Perhaps I did the obvious thing, I simply connected the same pigtail on to the battery terminals in the truck and cut a small hole in the plastic battery cover. Thus the pig tail extends into the trunk.

When I get home it is pretty much a routine, park car, pop open rear hatch, connect pigtail, and then plug Battery tender into the wall.

Whatever works...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cigarette lighte one is the easiest - but I did not want to pinch the wire in the door or crack the window. Same thing for the trunk. Not that I think that is a big issue though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts