The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been using BT+ with no problems since replacing my Evora's battery with Interstate about 8 months ago. Plugged it in to trunk socket Wednesday night, battery dead Tuesday am. Red and green flashing. Unplugged/replugged from wall, from car, nada. Tripped gfci and then steady red (probably coincidence?). Red all day and night. Tried Wednesday am started fine. Left off charger all day, started fine 12+ hours later. Back on charger, steady red still on this am. Car started fine.

I guess I can check charger using another car. I wouldn't have thought battery sulfated as have used tender since new battery was installed. Other thoughts? Now I will worry constantly.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
When the red and green flash there is a weak connection to the battery. Steady red means charging. Steady red plus green flashing = 80% charge. Flashing red only = no connection to battery. have to fiddle with my power outlet adapter every ounce in a while. Your fine. Tommy

·
Registered
689 Posts
If it is on steady RED then it is still mending. Sometimes I drive around and come back in for the night and plug it back in and it reads steady red. The next morning it will be steady Green. (Fully Charged.) Make sure you close the Drivers door all the way when leaving for the night after hooking up and make sure the rear trunk - boot (lid) is shut all the way down. I have changed out my two bulbs in the boot to LED so if I leave the boot lid up and not fully shut the battery stays charged. I also changed out the inside dome light to an LED also. For the same reason and it protects the roof paint from burning or melting because of the HOT OEM dome bulb that will stay lit all night if the door is not shut tight. :UK:

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,408 Posts
Just a point of reference, mine would go through the full charging cycle and finally show green... even though the battery was still totally dead and would not start the car (or hardly power the dash during ignition on before start up).
Before this incident I always assumed it would identify the battery as bad but apparently there are situations where that is not the case.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Definately a loose connection somwhere or the unit went bad. How old was the battery? My odessy pc980 is 8.5 years old always kept on the tender with no issues

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts