The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,697 Posts
Kyle, is it possible to shut the rear hatch with the battery tender lead hanging out? I do that in my Jaguar with no problem. I am trying to rig up a short strand of LEDs to wrap around the lead, so I don't forget and drive off with it still attached.

I am also a CTEK user - I have one on the Elise (plugged into the handy, always-on outlet between the seats), and on my Jaguar XK, plugged into the pigtail I connected to the battery, attached in the trunk.

--Bob Collum

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,697 Posts
You can also plug a charger/tender into the 12V outlet between the seats.
I hang the battery tender from the garage door rails above the passenger side of the car. I leave the passenger window open to accommodate the wire. It's very convenient.
Note that I had to change out the Euro-spec socket with a US-spec part because the tender plug would not stay in.
Good point - I had forgotten I had to replace the power outlet in my Elise several years ago, as my Garmin GPS plug would not stay in.

It's my understanding that 'most' modern cars do not leave their power outlets on all the time; my 2007 Jaguar does not, nor does my wife's 2008 Smart. That's why most chargers have the pigtails included. I know several people put the pigtails on their Elige battery, and ran the lead out the left air inlet on the side of the car.

--Bob Collum

1 - 2 of 2 Posts