The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read previous posts on the use of battery tenders on the Evora. Can I assume the Emira will have similar battery tender options like an accessory plug-in in the boot?

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT - Vivid Green
305 Posts
The Lotus battery tender in the GT was a rebranded Deltran Battery Tender Plus. Would be surprised if the Emira doesn't come with one, but if not, you can get a Deltran unit for about $50US

Reactions: sneakysnakes

·
Illegal Alien
5,351 Posts
Lotus has included the battery charger since about the beginning of the 400 series. They have used a rebranded Deltran for the lead acid batteries and very high quality Optimate by Tecmate for the LFP optioned cars.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
127 Posts
Since the Emira will have a new immobilizer system, it shouldn't have the same parasitic drain of the battery.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I replaced the battery in my F430 with an antigravity and using a Lithium CTEC. I have a leftover CTEC and will use it if I can. If prices come down I might swap out the Emira battery with an antigravity (Likely to get a FE). Saves 30 pounds but currently a very expensive battery.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Really hope the Emira sidesteps all of the grief I've heard about Lotus's and battery drain.

I'd also be interested in a li-ion. I've been running one in the Viper for the last 5 years and couldn't be happier, 22lbs saved.

·
Administrator
7,544 Posts
Since the Emira will have a new immobilizer system, it shouldn't have the same parasitic drain of the battery.
Right! It will have the new improved version...lol

·
Administrator
7,544 Posts
Hopefully! Plenty of cars have issues with parasitic battery drain. My Mom's Lexus has been thru multiple batteries and trips to the dealer with NTF and if you google it Honda and GM all have models that it has been an issue with.

·
Illegal Alien
5,351 Posts
Really hope the Emira sidesteps all of the grief I've heard about Lotus's and battery drain.

I'd also be interested in a li-ion. I've been running one in the Viper for the last 5 years and couldn't be happier, 22lbs saved.
The biggest drain seems to be the aftermarket alarm system. With Lotus switching to Volvo infocenter and such electronics this issue may become less troublesome. As to LFP batteries. Lotus has offered them as standard or optional on a number of the Sport and GT offerings.

Reactions: sneakysnakes
1 - 10 of 10 Posts