The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at switching to a lighter-weight AGM battery (I'm considering the Deka EXT20L) and am going to need to get a BatteryMinder for it. In looking at the BatteryMinder website, I see they have a 2012 and a 2012-AGM. The 2012 model says it works for standard AGM batteries, while the 2012-AGM says it is to be used for specially sealed AGM batteries such as Odyssey. Does anyone know which model would work with the Deka battery?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Look at the Optimate line of battery tenders. Much more intelligent. I have several and thy are much better thn Battery Tender brand.

·
Registered
480 Posts
What is the best way of using a battery tender? I know some people leave them hooked up the whole time the car is not being driven; other people use them for 24 hours every two weeks or so. Is one way better than the other for prolonging battery life?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I've had 3 diff batteries on my 2 Elises.

I've used a Battery Minder Plus for that last 3 winters. Bought it with the 12V outlet adapter. Plug it in, leave it running - easy peasy.

Do it for my Elise and my Moke. They've been on tenders for 3 weeks. Stopped in this weekend and both started right up no issues.

·
Registered
2005 Elise #3935, Chrome Orange, BOE tune, Exige wheels, splitter
368 Posts
Dealtran Battery Tender Plus.

I've used it with both the alligator clips and the accesory plug and no issues.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have 4 BatteryMinders that I rotate among a dozen batteries about a month at a time. Just leave them plugged in. I've had them on batteries that tested dead, and a month later they were perfectly fine.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Another one here for the BatteryTender. I have a red top battery. I use it on both the Elise (with cig adapter) and my jet ski that's garaged in the winter....happy camper.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I leave my tender on all winter non-stop on my Triumph m/c with a sealed battery. No problem if you have an intelligent tender. Starts right up full power, even when very cold. I used to have to buy a battery for it every other year. I'm on year 5 on this one now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts