The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm really considering selling my STi and getting an Elise or Exige. I'd love to take a drive in one and maybe shoot the sheet or grab some food if anyone has time! If not, are there any meet ups soon that I could snag a passenger seat for?

I live in the city and work in Cupertino, so I could meet anywhere in between...

·
Registered
760 Posts
What is this Elige you speak of? Is that your way of saying you're interested in both the Elise and Exige? *scratchy scratchy*

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is this Elige you speak of? Is that your way of saying you're interested in both the Elise and Exige? *scratchy scratchy*
Hahaha yes, I'm interested in either (both to buy and to ride in)... Being a Lotus noob I thought that was common terminology:

Agreed, Elige (that's generic for Elise/Exige)...
Got it form THIS thread. Sorry for any confusion :D

·
Registered
760 Posts
You have further proved that I am indeed the noob (still am honestly). Learn something new every day I suppose. Took me a while to figure out what qball and TADTS were when first lurking. :D

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I'm really considering selling my STi and getting an Elise or Exige. I'd love to take a drive in one and maybe shoot the sheet or grab some food if anyone has time! If not, are there any meet ups soon that I could snag a passenger seat for?

I live in the city and work in Cupertino, so I could meet anywhere in between...
Come down to the GGLC Autocross this Saturday at the Marina Airport. There'll be at least 25-30 Elise & Exige there tearing up the course. We have loaner helmets and I'm sure if you hang around grid you can get a bunch of rides. GOLDEN GATE LOTUS CLUB - Autocrosses

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
onETon said:
You have further proved that I am indeed the noob (still am honestly). Learn something new every day I suppose. Took me a while to figure out what qball and were when first lurking.
No worries!

So... from what I gather qball had his car fall off a lift and TADTS = They All Do That Sir (the common phrase said at the dealer) :nanner:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Come down to the GGLC Autocross this Saturday at the Marina Airport. There'll be at least 25-30 Elise & Exige there tearing up the course. We have loaner helmets and I'm sure if you hang around grid you can get a bunch of rides. GOLDEN GATE LOTUS CLUB - Autocrosses

Cheers,
Kiyoshi
Thanks for the info Kiyoshi! Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this weekend because I have some people visiting from out of town, but I see there is some stuff coming up, hopefully I can make something in the future (maybe join as well!)

·
Registered
760 Posts
No worries!

So... from what I gather qball had his car fall off a lift and TADTS = They All Do That Sir (the common phrase said at the dealer) :nanner:
Haha yeah, had to search the forums to find that out. In line with Kiyoshi's suggestion, I'll be at Laguna 11/3 and Infineon 11/17, you're more than welcome to meet me there for some laps or hang out. Figured both are just close enough (more so Infineon) for you to venture out and hang out if you're still curious.

Sorry, I'm not in the south bay much and my Elise is never in the city where I'm situated. Not to mention that every time I'm in the Elise, the Mrs. is always the co-pilot. Otherwise I'd be more than glad to help you out!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha yeah, had to search the forums to find that out. In line with Kiyoshi's suggestion, I'll be at Laguna 11/3 and Infineon 11/17, you're more than welcome to meet me there for some laps or hang out. Figured both are just close enough (more so Infineon) for you to venture out and hang out if you're still curious.

Sorry, I'm not in the south bay much and my Elise is never in the city where I'm situated. Not to mention that every time I'm in the Elise, the Mrs. is always the co-pilot. Otherwise I'd be more than glad to help you out!
Awesome, thanks for the offer! Laguna would be pretty fun, its not too far. I'll let you know! :)

·
Registered
623 Posts

Are you a super hot woman?

(Only joking. I already have a super hot wife.)

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
That would be fun! $350 a day, hmmm thats a little steep. I'll have to call them and check it out further. Thanks for the tip!
I rented an Elise back in the day before I bought my car...sealed the deal.

If you are willing to come up to the North Bay I'd be happy to give you a ride...with the understanding that you'd buy Stellas afterwards. :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I rented an Elise back in the day before I bought my car...sealed the deal.

If you are willing to come up to the North Bay I'd be happy to give you a ride...with the understanding that you'd buy Stellas afterwards. :D
Definitely! And I love Stella! I'll shoot you a PM tomorrow :D

·
Registered
409 Posts
Dude you have to actually drive the car to understand how awesome it is. I rented the blue elise from club sportiva and just HAD to have one.

just do it, take it to la honda and go all the way to the ocean.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I rode in my buddy's Exige and had to have one since that ride. It is even better when you drive the car. Can get in some trouble :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts