The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
I would like to orginize a dyno day for the local Bay Area Lotus Elise guys. We are developping a bunch of performance upgrades for the car and would like to get some base line dyno's on these cars to help our development along faster. We also have a progrmmable computer for the car available and would like to show the gains possible on this car. I would like to get at least 3-5 cars if possible for this event to get a good sample of baselines. We also have a fantastic opportunity for a local customer if they wish to have our turbo kit prototyped on their car. Please pm me for details.

We are looking to host this event next month on a Saturday to allow as many owners to come as possible. We will be providing food and beverages for attendees and $40 dyno runs.

Please let me know if you guys have any questions or suggestions about this event.

Thanks guys!

Kenneth Li
Forcedfed

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great!:) Hopefully we can get at least another 5 guys up for this event to have a fun day!

Kenneth Li
Forcedfed

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Try dropping in a Celica GT-S aftermarket airfilter for the stock airbox. It will fit...our cars use the Toyota 17801-22020 paper air filter which is listed for the 2ZZ-GE GT-S motor. You have to pull the driver's side rear wheel well liner and yank the wheel to do this swap though. The liner is held in by 6 screws and is simple to remove / install. The air filter box is a bit tricky since you need to seat the prongs on the engine side of the airbox through the engine cover port AND fasten the two clips from the wheel well. There is a trick to it so it can frustrate you at first.

EDIT: K&N had an error on their x-ref listings. The Elise uses one of the Matrix airboxes, which are larger, so we need a different K&N filter. PN: 33-2252 matches our size.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Guys,
We are located in Livermore, just off the 580 highway. Please let me know what day will work best for guys and I will set this up! Thanks again for the interest.

Kenneth Li
Forcedfed.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Guys,
We will have a Unichip plug and play for the Lotus Elise available very shortly. We are working on a cat back, header, intake, Forcedfed cams and Unichip package for the car. We hope to make around a 40-50 horsepower gain with this set up over stock, with a bunch more low end torque on the soft cam. Also if anyone is interested in a turbo package at a fantatsic deal please pm me directly.

Now for the Dyno Day how does Saturday, November 27th sound for everyone??

Kenneth Li
Forcedfed

·
Registered
964 Posts
Re:Dyno Days

Why so late? I would like to do this sooner!
I posted a photo of my wife's Elise at the photo gallery. Please take a look. This car has 2 stage exhaust system by KMS Racing. I think it will be a good candidate for your products.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Do you plan on dynoing the cars with your performance upgrades on them as well? I hope that you will! There is just one problem though, if you liv in Texas, how wil your upgrades become available? I know that the unichip needs personal tuning, as it modifies the signal coming into the ECU. If your products become available soon, please do not forget that Texas has a bunch of Lotii that have been sold here. I would be very interested in your products, especially if you include dyno runs along the upgrade path.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Wesley,

I just saw your posts on puresports' site, I couldn't help but to cross post them in the Powertrain section:

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=25

Awesome job, you have to let us know about the dyno results with that KMS pipe and details would be nice.

:clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mean TT said:
Do you plan on dynoing the cars with your performance upgrades on them as well? I hope that you will! There is just one problem though, if you liv in Texas, how wil your upgrades become available? I know that the unichip needs personal tuning, as it modifies the signal coming into the ECU. If your products become available soon, please do not forget that Texas has a bunch of Lotii that have been sold here. I would be very interested in your products, especially if you include dyno runs along the upgrade path.
Hello,
Yes we plan on having at least our exhaust and Unichip available at this meet along with other goodies hopefully as well. We will be documenting the stages on the car on the dyno with before and after gains with all of our parts including cams and the turbo kit. We are hoping that we can extract enough power out of the car to not have to do a K20 Honda motor package!:cool: We think it is possible to get 225-230 horsepower out of the car N/A and then a reliable 300 horsepower with the turbo package. We would like to get a good sample of stock cars at this day to put in our database for reference when quoting gains with our packages.

Kenneth Li
Forcedfed

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
the back of that red Elise is crazy. The front has some catching up to do. Hopefully someone will come up with a splitter or something. The front doesn't even come close to the aggressiveness of the rear.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I'm nearby and might be able to make it. (27th eh? Depends on where I'm at for Thanksgiving - might road trip to Phoenix) Put me down as a maybe. Would be nice to see some other elise's too (so far I've only put eyes on mine and SVAG's orange one).

-doma
SY'05 - 3,800 miles and driving

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Re: Front Splitter

KMS Elise said:
You ask for it!! and here it is.
those look nice, but they're Canard wings. (i hope i spelled that right) I was thinking more along the lines of a chin spoiler, like the one the S2 Exige has.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts