The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its getting time for the first oil change. No warranty, and no relationship w/ BMCD so don't feel particularly beholden to taking it to a Lotus dealer. Unfortunately, I am not equipped w/ the garage space for DIY at this time.

My worklist includes motor mounts, front shims, alignment, etc. for this trip in, and the project list is pretty long beyond that. Looking to build a relationship w/ a good local Lotus mechanic. Any recommendations for a good Lotus mechanic near SF or Redwood City?

I bought the car from Cars Dawydiak and the mechanic that did the PPI seemed thorough & knowledgeable. All things equal, I will take it in there, but wanted to do a bit of research w/ the community.

DietschWorks and SVAG come up a lot, but they are a bit far afield for me. Anything closer in between SF and RWC?

Cheers

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've no idea about other people's experience but I'm completely happy with BMCD. I didn't buy from them, but they have taken care of all my maintenance on my 05 Elise since new. It might be an exaggeration to say that every time I pick my car up, it looks and feels like new, but it's only a small one.

Simon

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Casey from (former) ForcedFed is still working on cars, as far as I know. He's still in Livermore. PM me for his phone number or Email.

There is also Suspension Performance in Mountain View. Great work and fast turnaround time (as opposed to some other shops).

Suspension Performance - Contact Us

·
Registered
455 Posts
My worklist includes motor mounts, front shims, alignment, etc. for this trip in, and the project list is pretty long beyond that. Looking to build a relationship w/ a good local Lotus mechanic. Any recommendations for a good Lotus mechanic near SF or Redwood City?

Cheers
Depending on your project list, and if looking to get racy, consider
The Official World Speed Motorsports Website
located at Infineon Raceway.
They have been working with me and the LPL (in Hollywood area) to develop my Exige S into a stock cup car killer in LCS. They have helped mostly on alignment, car set-up, spring rates and shock valving, including spring and shock dyno work, engine dyno and debug and on-track testing.

I previously ran a Pro Formula Mazda with them. Very good race team with multiple national level championship titles. They are interested in supporting Lotus race cars.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've had good work done from Rob Dietsch in the south bay. Also hear good things about ForcedFed in Livermore

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I've had good work done from Rob Dietsch in the south bay. Also hear good things about ForcedFed in Livermore
FYI, FF is no longer in business.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: took the car in to Cars Dawydiak. Ron sorted me out right (turns out he is a BMCD alum...did not realize).

They went through a couple track checklists for me including the GGLC one, which is quite thorough, did the oil, and put on an RTVBrace. Priced as quoted. Full disclosure: i get a discount for having bought there. Some hiccups w/ the RTVBrace that I PM'ed Shinoo about. Quite pleased w/ the work and the customer service.

Some lady did come in w/ a Prius that had bubbling paint on the bumper that their body shop had just applied. Hope they sorted her out. Now I know what questions to ask when I bring my car in for the cosmetic bits :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts