The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All--

Does anyway know of any closed runway/speed runs coming up in the SF Bay Area? Someone had set one up in Alameda at the Naval Station at some point but it fell through. Would be fun to experience high speed driving without breaking the law ;)

--Paul

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
:drool:

:popcorn:

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
My buddies set that up, but cancelled due to inclimate weather. I'll let you know next time they plan something. Most of them own Lambos so they post on my board about stuff like that, but it's been a while.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
My buddies set that up, but cancelled due to inclimate weather. I'll let you know next time they plan something. Most of them own Lambos so they post on my board about stuff like that, but it's been a while.
I'm betting I could talk a mutual friend who owns a sweet Jag into participating. :evil:

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
I'm betting I could talk a mutual friend who owns a sweet Jag into participating. :evil:
Ya... maybe I can drive his XJ220. :shift: :drool: He had my drive his Hummer a couple weeks ago. I thought after owning an H1 I wouldn't like the newer plastic models, but it was actually pretty fun. We're talking about me hosting a party at his Tiburon pad. I'm supper excited. You know I have to go big, hahaha.:evil: I'm super glad I met him. He's so down to earth. :D

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
There was a few of us doing a different one at alameda airport for exotics, a year or two ago. It was all go until politics got involved, and we were forced to cancel.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Well, let me just quote this:

It took months to get all of the liability insurance and paperwork sorted out, on top of dealing with the lovely, friendly government employees of Alameda to get the permits approved to use the runway, but we did it all. After the weather threw a wrench in our first attempt, a short while later an Alameda city attorney "found out" (which is weird, because we never hid our intentions from city hall) that there would be cars exceeding the legal speed limit (which apparently is something like 55mph on the runway - has to do with it being within city limits and unmarked speed, blah blah) and nixed it
All this while there is speculation of a local PD's involvement against us... it just wasn't going to happen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts