The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after getting my new to me
Track oriented Exige SC

I got time to put her on a lift in our top secret "team R&D facility"... (Farm shed)
ImageUploadedByAG Free1403961129.589706.jpg

Pulled the interior
And started to clean up the engine bay

ImageUploadedByAG Free1403961204.431878.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1403961232.200564.jpg

First question
What is this bracket in the pass footwell? ImageUploadedByAG Free1403961290.443187.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
3,239 Posts
First question
What is this bracket in the pass footwell?[/color]
That's not a bracket...that is a cover for the A/C intake (return). Taking off that cover is one of the well known mods to improve the HVAC in the Lotus. There is a cover on the driver's side too...you take them both off.

BTW, where in Ohio are you?

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today we do the gPan...motul oil... Tranny fluid flush, with motul ... Castrol SRF brake fluid
flush

And maybe soft top install if we have time

Too bad no driving till Monday as the oil pan swap requires 24-48 hrs for the liquid gasket to seal

·
Registered
126 Posts
recommend using Toyota FIPG for the gpan to seal it up.
Do a leak test before installing the pan using water. I had a pan that leaked due to a bad weld.
Also make sure that the oil drain plug won't leak and that the inside welds don't interfere with the plug seating.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
For a cleaner look you may consider relocating the rule injector wires and harness loom beneath the VF intake manifold.
-Robert

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Not being an ass but the wrap on your exhaust needs some help. Don't waste your time with that DEI junk or the stainless bands. Get a good brand like Morosso and use safety wire to secure it.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Very cool, I think ACSlater is your Red Doppelganger.
You rang :cool:?

Love the Stormtrooper look - when I started shopping for mine I looked everywhere for a white one, but I do love my Darth Maul car! Have you been out to the track yet? Post some video when you get out there!

·
Tire abuser
772 Posts
Very nice car and a good selection of mods! Looks like you are doing nice work on it.

What lift is that you have it on in post #3 ? I have read some about lifts on this site and it seems like most people think that kind will damage the bottom of the car. What was your experience with it?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts