The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Yes ! :clap:

Of course it will only make a difference if the source material is shot in hi-def...

·
Registered
492 Posts
If you see the quality of the 'regular' TV that the Beeb broadcasts in the UK, even if the source is not true HD it will be up there with what DirecTV call HD.

Yes ! :clap:

Of course it will only make a difference if the source material is shot in hi-def...

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you see the quality of the 'regular' TV that the Beeb broadcasts in the UK, even if the source is not true HD it will be up there with what DirecTV call HD.
Speaking of which, anyone know when DirecTV will start carrying it in HD?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
top gear will be on the regular bbc America channel right?my directv channel listing does not show a hd version.i dont have hd.but i still get all the hd channels.i would like to catch some top gear.i never had much luck with the torrent downloads.pita!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think the title of the thread might give a bit of a clue!
Not so...just because BBC America starts broadcasting it's shows in HD doesn't mean that the great satellite in the sky will be beaming it to my converter box...but one can always hope.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Hopefully, it will be on Time Warner Cable as well. They just added the ION network to the HD tier, yet ION only runs crappy infomercials and old 80's re-runs. Nothing in HD. They can put BBC America in ION's spot.

:D

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
i just set my dvr to record all episodes of top gear.there is an episode airing this thursday 5.00 pm pacific time.this is on the bbc america(not hd)channel.:shift:

·
Registered
963 Posts
is that when the new season starts too?
I heard it starts sometime in June, but idk. I saw an advert for it...

"Series 13 of Top Gear will begin to air from June 21st 2009"

Thanks Wikipedia. rotfl

So 30 or so days worth of episodes (Once a week I think) before HD finally comes...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Excellent! Looks like Top Gear will be actually running at the same time as it is in the UK. I was hoping to visit the studio while I was in London and maybe sit in at a taping, but it sounds like they will be all done by the time I get there. Love Top Gear! I just found an old episode from 2003 that has Clarkson testing a Lotus Racing Green Elise, similar to mine. It's the one where he talks about running over a spider on the highway!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Top Gear on BBCA is always one season behind. That probably won't change, even with BBCA converting to HD broadcasts. The only way to get the current Top Gear season is via torrent in the US.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Top Gear on BBCA is always one season behind. That probably won't change, even with BBCA converting to HD broadcasts. The only way to get the current Top Gear season is via torrent in the US.
And the torrents work perfectly well, or you can watch it on a streaming link online.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts