The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm Brent. I joined this site back in Fall of 2012 thinking I was for sure going to get an orange Exige right then and there. Well that didn't happen, so I bought a yellow Mini. British, 4-wheels, same thing. My attempts at getting a silver Exige failed in 2013. But it is 2014, the past is behind me, and I have a red one. Some of you local Lotus guys who frequent [email protected] know me as "that kid with the rusty yellow Mini".

Sadly Rowan (that's what I called him) has been put out to pasture, but no matter, for now I have an even cooler British car!

The other car in the shot is my Mitsubishi Evo 6 TME I've been building for the past 6 years. I'm the kind of car guy who goes for the rare, but well-known in certain circles, types of cars. I also daily drive my cars, albeit not far, but daily nonetheless.

Here's a mistake, I took the roof off one day for a cruise and caught a cold:

During my sickness I stayed in bed and like a vulture scanned the Parts Market for anything remotely interesting. Lucked out and found some carbon parts! Bought a set of carbon fiber scoops, access panels, a new front lip, and RLS wing ends.

Now I'm gathering parts for my next crazy venture into Lotus modification, the MP62:

Stay tuned and watch as I bolt on bigger and bigger chunks of my disposable income to the car. Sorry degree, you'll have to wait. I need more power!

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took the legal-yet-difficult path. Build the Evo using a USDM frame and imported parts. Built on a 98 Mirage (FWD 1.8L) I swapped the entire car over to Evo VI parts. The only original parts remaining are the doors, roof, and front floorboards.

Before:

After:

Still very much a project, but one I intend on completing - alongside the Exige that is.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Took the legal-yet-difficult path. Build the Evo using a USDM frame and imported parts. Built on a 98 Mirage (FWD 1.8L) I swapped the entire car over to Evo VI parts. The only original parts remaining are the doors, roof, and front floorboards.

Before:

After:

Still very much a project, but one I intend on completing - alongside the Exige that is.

The EVO 6 was AWD correct? How did you go about that conversion? Sounds like it's pretty involved.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nice Evo! My friend has a RHD Evo 3 that he did a Mirage plus front clip conversion on. Love those cars, hope to have one as my next DD when my current one dies.

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got some more SC parts put together. Not long now!

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Double post, I'm buying parts too fast apparently! Shout-out to qu1Z for sending out my new Difflow diffuser so quickly. Took about 45 minutes (in the rain) to remove the stock diffuser and install the new one, with hand tools.

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
That intercooler looks familiar :D.

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just got my CF gas lid from GB Composites. Also went ahead and swapped out the bolts for black ones. I'm going crazy for carbon fiber!

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally got around to installing my 07' top. This is the first step in supercharging the car. I could have just opened up the stock top, but I like the look of this one a bit more.

It was also pretty nice out today, figured I'd go for a little cruise and a photoshoot with the top off!

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Why did you decide on an 07 roof instead of a full mo-hawk, was this based on price and availability?

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm going to be adding a supercharger (probably OEM) to my 06 soon as well. I was rear ended 5 months ago but finally got her back. Looking forward to seeing how your install and everything goes. I purchased a liquid to air intercooler a few months back with modified RLS pipes and I've been doing some supporting mods so far like cup airbox, decat pipe, and exhaust. I just need to find the header I want and then buy the rest of the SC parts, a walbro 255, and decide on the tune. Gonna go with a full mohawk scoop roof if i can.

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the 07' roof as I found one for a decent price in the same color as the car. I would like to eventually pick up a full Mohawk one, but at the very least this will do in the meantime. I went ahead and put up a wanted ad just the other day for one.

Oh and I'm sure I'll have way more into it than just buying an 07', but I don't care. I'm having fun building it!

·
Registered
57 Posts
love it!

My favorite exige color. Ill be watching your thread, Im about to go down a similar power path with my 06 (already have the carbon though!)

btw, I instructed a student at a track day in a real TME a few years ago. very cool car!

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow, nearly 2 months since my last update! Since then I've finished collecting parts (and a tune) for the MP62 swap. Just need to install everything.

In the meantime (or rather today) I got around to installing my soft top, and also put on a pair of red side scoops. Still have the carbon ones, just not sure if that's the look I want.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts