The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

Just wanted to post up my experience about Star Motor Cars in Houston, TX. They are a Lotus dealer (as well as Aston, Merc, Volvo, etc.) and I had the pleasure of experiencing their service department recently.

I'm in Louisiana, and had to schedule a flight back from dropoff and returning to pickup. Les in Lotus Service and Tim in Sales worked together to make sure I was always comfortable knowing what to expect, which helped in making travel arrangements.

They did a ton of work on the car, including installing an ACT XTSS clutch (love it!!), Fidanza flywheel, S111 RTD toe link kit, Goodrich s/s brake lines, and do a whole slew of maintenance and other fix-its that the car needed from the factory (eg. align the doors, replace dip-stick o-ring, lower the car, alignment, etc.).

My car was there for two weeks. She came back unscathed and cleaner than when I dropped her off. Les kept in touch every other day via phone and email to keep me up to date on the work progress. He also spent a lot of time working with me on price and combining labor costs whenever possible.

The guys at Star Motor Cars in Houston are a class act. Highly recommended. I'm REALLY picky about dealer experience. And you never know what to expect when you are an "orphan". These guys treated me like I've bought five cars at their dealership. It was really impressive. And the facility is a car-show in itself. If you go there for a meet (they host Lotus Owners of South Texas meets) or for service, bring a camera! Tons of beautiful cars. And the service areas are ultra tidy.

They get an A+++++ from me!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Curious...

How much did Star charge you to drop in the new clutch and flywheel?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Just wanted to post up my experience about Star Motor Cars in Houston, TX.

They get an A+++++ from me!
I bought my car from Star and Les did the prep on the car. I'd take my car to them for service anytime...if it didn't involve a 2,200-mile round trip. My experience with Star parallels yours. I have the highest regard for them.

I'm lucky to have a dealer in Denver that has served me very well. Marc and John at Lotus of Denver (a subset of Ferrari of Denver) have given me "Star" treatment even though I didn't buy my car there. The service prices there are high (now $130/hr :crazyeyes ), but they stand by their work and have always cleaned the car before returning it.

Glad to hear that Star still gets a "star" rating. Tell us more about the clutch...and lowering the car! :up:

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I bought my car from Star and Les did the prep on the car. I'd take my car to them for service anytime...if it didn't involve a 2,200-mile round trip. My experience with Star parallels yours. I have the highest regard for them.

I'm lucky to have a dealer in Denver that has served me very well. Marc and John at Lotus of Denver (a subset of Ferrari of Denver) have given me "Star" treatment even though I didn't buy my car there. The service prices there are high (now $130/hr :crazyeyes ), but they stand by their work and have always cleaned the car before returning it.

Glad to hear that Star still gets a "star" rating. Tell us more about the clutch...and lowering the car! :up:
+1 on the service at FoD... Bob can be a bit forgetful, but Marc is very cool, and seem knowledgeable about the cars.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Glad they took care of you. Hopefully they are trying to turn around the service side of things. I know I for one won't ever take a car there to get serviced again.

I'd happily buy a car from Tim though! :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
Great guys

I had my Lotus inspected there when I bought it from the seller who lives in Houston. They sent me a complete report in a pdf file as well as told me all the ins and out of the report they sent me. I got a personal reccomendation to buy my car from Les.

:nanner:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
+1 on the service at FoD... Bob can be a bit forgetful, but Marc is very cool, and seem knowledgeable about the cars.
Eh? I didn't have anything to say that suggested "forgetfulness." I deal with Marc and John whenever I go there.

I said, "Marc and John at Lotus of Denver (a subset of Ferrari of Denver) have given me "Star" treatment even though I didn't buy my car there." Was there something "forgetful" in that? :shrug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts