The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
1,041 - 1,060 of 1,087 Posts
Discussion starter · #1,042 ·
Nice, what is that made of? Plaster?

I just ordered a big Leybold vacuum pump, and I'm about to place a big order for resin infusion supplies. I can't wait to get into this and learn all I can. :drool:

itslotawrk, are you on any composites forums?
the mold material is from an aerospace company
Advanced Ceramics Manufacturing
7800A S. Nogales Highway
Tucson, AZ 85756

Discussion starter · #1,045 ·
So you have to cut your pipes in the process... :(
NO, NO CUTS IN THE TUBES. THE SC TUBES ARE SEAMLESS. THE MOLD IS DISSOLVED AWAY FROM THE INSIDE AFTER THE TUBE IS OVEN CURED.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #1,049 · (Edited)
Gabe is making 10 sets right now $270 set. but if your a DIYer. Gabes new design is (2)3k inside (1) 12k outside and wrap tow in the middle of the layers at the ends for the clamping area and using a proprietary resin. the finished tubes weigh less than 6oz. combined. They have been tested to 350f @ 40psi with shock and torque. PS. GF totaled his car going slow

Discussion starter · #1,050 ·
Finally! Lightweight side skirts for the Elise that look and fit like they could have come from the factory.
These side skirts are designed with fender continuations and consistent outer edges. Instead of using a corner radius for the molds our decks have a full radius from the car to the outer edges.
With Gabes side skirts you no longer have to butcher or remove your OEM mud flaps. His side skirts work with both the OEM mud flaps and Gabe’s lightweight carbon fiber mud flaps.
At 5.5 pounds for both side skirts, these are some of the lightest side skirts available. Available now in fiberglass. A carbon fiber version is coming soon!

Attachments

Discussion starter · #1,054 ·
Here's something for you exige guys. Its looking like after gabe gets his sponsorship setup again. These beauties will be his first attempt at a group buy. They fit and mount the same as OE, seals and all. there is an fiberglass version as well

Attachments

Finally! Lightweight side skirts for the Elise that look and fit like they could have come from the factory.
These side skirts are designed with fender continuations and consistent outer edges. Instead of using a corner radius for the molds our decks have a full radius from the car to the outer edges.
With Gabes side skirts you no longer have to butcher or remove your OEM mud flaps. His side skirts work with both the OEM mud flaps and Gabe’s lightweight carbon fiber mud flaps.
At 5.5 pounds for both side skirts, these are some of the lightest side skirts available. Available now in fiberglass. A carbon fiber version is coming soon!
Wow, nice job.

Go ahead and tell Gabe to just set me up a open account and I will just have part of my check deposited in it each time I get paid!!! LOL

Damn why did I not remember how expensive these cars are when you have buying habits like mine!!! LOL

Looks great and keep up the good work.
BTW, Dibs on the CF Mohawk Roof!!!

1,041 - 1,060 of 1,087 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.