The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some more info. The beeping starts when the key is inserted into the ignition and is suppose to stop beeping while the engine is running. Start beeping again when the engine is shut off and finally stop beeping when the key is removed. My elise starts beeping when the key is inserted into the ignition, continues beeping while it is running , continues beeping when the engine is turned off and doesn't stop until the key is removed from the engine. ideas of the cause?. The sound originates behind the drivers seat below the speaker.

·
Administrator
4,470 Posts
'Chirping' 'Chirping' is enabled/disabled by disconnecting power to the alarm controller, then re-connecting and pressing the transmitter button within 5 seconds.

·
Administrator
4,470 Posts
Humm what year is your Elise? Have you been using the car and this happened all of a sudden? Do you have more than one fob? Can you arm and disarm the alarm? Do the doors lock and unlock from the fobs ok? Any recent changes to the car? Not knowing the cobra system my first inclination would be to disconnect the battery and discharge the car and make sure the battery is fully charged. I would put new battery in fob. If it still continues at this point I would go to each connection on the cobra circuit and reseat and inspect. Here's link to owners manual http://www.primauto.net/LotusServiceManualEliseS2/nuovi2017/lotus_ electrics_elise _exig2010.pdf Good luck!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Humm what year is your Elise? Have you been using the car and this happened all of a sudden? Do you have more than one fob? Can you arm and disarm the alarm? Do the doors lock and unlock from the fobs ok? Any recent changes to the car? Not knowing the cobra system my first inclination would be to disconnect the battery and discharge the car and make sure the battery is fully charged. I would put new battery in fob. If it still continues at this point I would go to each connection on the cobra circuit and reseat and inspect. Here's link to owners manual http://www.primauto.net/LotusServiceManualEliseS2/nuovi2017/lotus_ electrics_elise _exig2010.pdf Good luck!
Doors lock and unlock
Alarm arms
Bought the car 2 months ago, was like this when I bought
New key fob batteries
Check each switch for continuity.
I think the beeping is coming from ignition switch, key goes in ignition beeping starts, start engine continues to beep, turn off engine beep continues. Pull key out of ignition and beeping stops. Beeping sound is originating behind drivers seat / below left rear speaker. I think it is somehow related to the alarm that reminds you to remove the key. ???

·
Administrator
4,470 Posts
Sounds like you've gone thru the PD steps. Behind the seat is the immobilizer and microwave sensor have you maybe reseated the immobilizer connection? Could be something simple as bad grounding points? I've read that SirLotus is the expert maybe shoot him a pm unless someone else has some suggestions. Good luck and let us know the fix!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doesnt stop seat belt on or off. I am beginning to think it might be in that circuit. Can you briefly record the sound your car makes if the seat belt is not connected? send to 4076258382..
Next step is to trace that wiring and see if something is disconnected. Somehow the drivers site window wiring harness was disconnected and window wouldnt operate when I bought the car.. Took could a few hours to figure that one out. Starting to think this might be similar if the sound beep, beep...reoccurs every 5 seconds is for the seat belt..
Thanks

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,222 Posts
If you think its the seat belt, disconnect the seat belt wires under the driver seat, try that and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I experienced something similar when I bought my Elise.
Does the red light come on or flash too?
I fixed it by removing the battery, cleaning all contacts and refitting.
Problem went away.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Doesnt stop seat belt on or off. I am beginning to think it might be in that circuit. Can you briefly record the sound your car makes if the seat belt is not connected? send to 4076258382..
Next step is to trace that wiring and see if something is disconnected. Somehow the drivers site window wiring harness was disconnected and window wouldnt operate when I bought the car.. Took could a few hours to figure that one out. Starting to think this might be similar if the sound beep, beep...reoccurs every 5 seconds is for the seat belt..
Thanks
Pulled out the seat, wires were already disconnected. Then connected them and no difference. I pulled off the back panel while the seats were out hoping maybe the seat belt retractors were unplugged, not unplugged.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I experienced something similar when I bought my Elise.
Does the red light come on or flash too?
I fixed it by removing the battery, cleaning all contacts and refitting.
Problem went away.
Which red light? The one in the tach or the the one in the dash eyebrow in front of the tach?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts