The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
I talked to Steve Brown early last week because I was headed for St. Louis this past weekend. Some of you may have better information, but this is where I think MidRivers Lotus stands. I was not taking notes and my memory is getting pretty "senior". I would appreciate any corrections.

Steve told me last week that they had delivered seven cars. They had just received one that had not been delivered, yet. They had three on the way, but he thought those were overdue since he had gotten notice on them in the middle of September. Four more were supposed to arrive yet in October.

I stopped by Friday (10/22) afternoon on the way in. The yellow demo was gone. Steve said they sold it after the first 60 on their list had gotten their demo drives. I think he said thay got $5,000 over MSRP. The new arrival was a very nice dark (Magnetic) blue with track suspension, star shield, and a hardtop. Steve said then that no one on his list had ordered one close to the way this one was delivered. He also said that the guy that ordered it had been trying to sell his spot on eBay. Lotus USA had called him to inform him that the spot on the list was not his to sell. Anyway, he declined delivery.

When I walked up to him, Steve was talking to a guy who turned out to be from Kansas City. I think we were introduced, but I do not remember his name. After the KC guy left, Steve told me he was planning on starting through their list from 30 (cars not ordered yet) to see if anyone on the list wanted that one. I really liked the blue, but did not want the track suspension. Besides, I am #28, so Lotus has my order.

I stopped back by Saturday morning. The guy from KC had bought the car and it was being prepped for delivery. I guess I won't have the first one in KC.

It looks like Steve's early statement of 10 by the end of October and 6 or 7 per month is still holding up, but Steve says it seems a bit slow to him. I am still hoping for January, but with Kansas City winters, February or March is fine.

·
Registered
727 Posts
babak said:
It's nice to have more KC area people. As to Steve, he has been consistent and realistic on his projections. I fully agree with your attitude toward the delivery in our winter, with the weather blunting the fun times I feel more OK with not having my car.
Speaking of KC area people, who else is out there? The guy whose name I did not get and buying the blue Elise, Babak in Topeka (close enough), darkSol in Shawnee, KS. Anybody else?

What and when are we getting?

I am #28 at MidRivers (the Behlman sign is gone). Mine will be Ardent Red with Touring. Hoping for January.

Sombody bought the Blue Elise with Track suspension, hard top, and Star Shield.

darkSol has #73 at Behlman and Graphite Grey in his signature.

I think Babak is about #20?

Can anyone fill in the blanks?

·
Registered
727 Posts
hogfan said:
im ar---kansas and #13 at midrivers is that close enuf?
Good enough for me! What part? I was at Sam's Throne a couple of weekends ago.

I'm thinking it's nice to have someone to compare notes and cars with. Looks like you should get the call pretty soon. Maybe soon enough to enjoy a few leaves through the Ozarks!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sounds good to me, too.

hogfan, I think you are getting close. At least two more are arriving MidRivers tomorrow morning. I'll bet three because Steve had been notified about three the middle of last month. They were lost, but now are found. I think that will move the count up to 11 delivered. Probably #10 since they delivered the demo. There are supposed to be 4 more in the pipeline. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Welcome Scott!

Hi! I'm the guy that stopped by while you were talking to Steve Brown last Friday afternoon. I know we were introduced and I apologize for forgetting your name. I'm glad you found us on EliseTalk.

I think yours is the first in KC. We would love to have details, pics, etc. Those of us in line at MidRivers would like to have your impression of them, also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.