The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
At a test drive last weekend Steve Brown told me that he was expecting 10 cars by october and then 6 per month after that.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
They have been upfront about what they expect as allocations. However, it is fair to say we need to be realistic. I wont be surprised if they trickle in slower. However, with all the news of ramping up production we're bound to see better flow by the time our time is up. I'll be honest, after driving that car last week I'm 'ruined.' I'll always compare others to this as a benchmark. I'll keep waiting, it's worth it.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
ConeFusion said:
He must have been busy calling people today! I got a call this morning, he needed to know if I wanted the Starshield or not. So it looks like things are moving.

BTW, for the people who saw the demo: Apparently the Lotus rep who was in last week was very unhappy with the Starshield installation on the demo, and they'll have somebody in to have it redone. It should look much better on the customer cars.
I pointed out several spots to Steve during my demo drive. The hole over the Lotus badge was off center and the superior aspec was hung on the badge. Furthermore, the center piece of the chin spoiler was overlapped and peeling off. Steve mentioned that he'd point it out to the rep.

On the issue of allocations the numbers fit. 2 cars so far (demo included) four more next week that leaves 4 more to make the 10 cars by October. Totally doable.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
ConeFusion said:
Thanks for posting the update. So I guess my call might come soon, I'm #19 (or 20, or 21, depending on how you count). It looks like they're on the predicted delivery schedule. I was kind of hoping that my car might arrive in early December or even late November, but it doesn't look like there will be a positive surprise.
Reto, you and I HAVE got to stop trading spots. :) I think the early confusion was with counting the dealer demo in the allocation pipe.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
ConeFusion said:
The only thing I know for sure is that I'm ahead of you! :p ;)

So you think my friend, so you think. ;)

ConeFusion said:
It would be kind of cool if our cars arrived at the same time.
That indeed would be very good. I'm also hoping that the weather is nice enough, i.e. no ice, sleet, rain, snow, that I can drive it home instead of trailering it.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
MikeRoberts44 said:

It looks like Steve's early statement of 10 by the end of October and 6 or 7 per month is still holding up, but Steve says it seems a bit slow to him. I am still hoping for January, but with Kansas City winters, February or March is fine.
It's nice to have more KC area people. As to Steve, he has been consistent and realistic on his projections. I fully agree with your attitude toward the delivery in our winter, with the weather blunting the fun times I feel more OK with not having my car.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
MikeRoberts44 said:

I think Babak is about #20?

I think I'm #19 (don't let conefusion know that too.) :D Actually he and I waffle back and forth, he's 19, I'm 20, but with the color batching close numbers like that are arbitrary.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Welcome Scott. This is great, we're growing nicely here in the middle. I thought it was going to be only a couple of us. Specially after Aristocrat decided to not pursue a Lotus dealership.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Re: elise

scottmartin said:
hi! first of all, i hope i did not piss anybody off on this board. the car was there so i bought it. i had had deposits at 2 other dealers.
No worries man, enjoy the car. Did you ger your deposits refunded?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.