The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I actually talked to Steve yesterday wondering about build date etc stuff. He still projects my car in Dec (#20) and he did mention that they had one on the way and that they had delivered seven. This is well in line with his statement this summer that he expected 10 cars by october and then 6/month after that. So far everything has added up and on the projected schedule he's layed out (and that itself is saying a lot considering everything that's been going on.) I'm comfortable about the Dec delivery date (but mentally ready for a delay.) But hey, it's december in midwest, what would I do with it anyway?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
I guess you didn't notice the '4 snow ski' option that , when coordinated with the giant 'rear deck' rotary blower option, allows you carefree winter driving no matter what the conditions? Randy has all the info
on these tidbits.
I have heard of that, but I'm holding out for the flat bottom, air boat on the frozen lake option. Complete with external fan assembly and rudders.
But seriously, I'm below the #26 posted above and I don't have a build date, but I think it's a function of color batching. It's simple reality and considering the time of the season, I'm perfectly OK with it. With my luck the bloody thing will get here right before I take my boards to make me suffer with the knowledge that it is available and accessible but below studying on the task list.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Man it's great news that they were able to locate your car so fast. I'm not sure what the life expectancy of an unclaimed Elise is these days!
Cheers,

·
Registered
8,270 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Behlman's is a very very large dealership, were they lodged against the Lotus dealership? BTW, The lotus dealer is now Midrivers lotus, not behlman's anymore.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Did anybody notice that they still list David as the owner?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
ConeFusion said:
Hmm, if I haven't heard from them, I guess that my #19 is "not among them" either? I'll give him a call this week anyway. On the bright side, a later build date could give me a better chance at an LSD. :) And once we get into late December or even January, I don't mind if it's even later. As long as I have it by March.
Reto I haven't heard either and I'm number 19 too ;). I did see here that somebody numberd in mid 20's (26 I think ) had a build date. I think it's a fair statement that you or I won't see our cars this year.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
hogfan said:
i have a partial vin it was 8 hundred and something. what the hell is a pm button? it sounds like something i could press on my wife once a month.
PM, private msg, it's part of the buttons on the bottom of each post. You might not have PM'ing enabled, thus it is not showing, if that is an option.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
hogfan said:
i was #11 for about 10 months then all of a sudden im #13
I think part of the shifts we have all experienced is that one person didn't count the demo as car #1 and another did. I have moved 2 spots I think, one was a drop out fairly early on (before the ordering began) and we all moved up another was from the counting method.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Heard from Steve Brown and they got 5 more Elises on Friday and started delivering them on Saturday. Reto, we might be next, keep your fingers crossed :D. I have no build date, but Steve has been telling the customers when he gets invoiced (the time the cars hit US soil)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
ConeFusion said:
Babak, does that mean that our cars could still arrive in December? Since I hadn't heard anything, I didn't really expect that anymore.
I only heard because I called to see about adding a HT. Still no news on mine, I am fairly certain that my number was skipped due to batching, that is based on a post here from somebody in the mid 20's hearing about his car. I'm OK with it, it's winter in the midwest, the car isn't going anywhere.

ConeFusion said:
I should be customer car #19 (#21 on the order list, which included the demo). Still ahead of Babak! ;)
So you think my friend ;)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
ConeFusion said:
I just talked to Steve on the phone. He got another bunch of VIN's, but mine is not among them. He said he might get it next week, my car should be around the 2nd or 3rd after the ones he has information about. When he gets the VIN, that includes a build date, and an estimated arrival date at port.

Right now it looks like my car will probably be built in December, with a January or maybe even early February delivery. The originally planned December delivery is highly unlikely.

Edit: It's snowing here, which makes the wait pretty easy...
Reto were these the cars that were delivered last friday or a new batch of VINs? I think you and I are not going to see our cars this year; which is OK considering the weather as you said.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
ConeFusion said:
It sounded like he had just gotten a new batch of VINs not much before my call. I got the impression that he gets an updated list on a regular basis (weekly?). He said he would call me when mine shows up on the list. So if you haven't heard from him, yours is probably not on there either.
That's how I understood it....hmmm, c'est la vie.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I just got an email from Steve Brown that my car is here on US soil and hopefully in the dealership in a couple of weeks. Reto, have you heard anything?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
MikeRoberts44 said:
Congratulations, Babak! When you pick it up, stop off in KC on the way back and I'll buy you lunch (dinner?, drink?).
Deal.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
ConeFusion said:
No, nothing new. So you never got a build date or VIN before, and now it's almost here? That's surprising, it sounded like there would be some earlier information. I could use a few weeks advance warning.

If it were still nice outside, I would hate you now ;) . Get in touch when you're ready to pick up the car, and we can meet up. I just got myself a new digital camera the other day, so I should be able to shoot some nice pictures.
Reto, I just got the email with the VIN, no build date. I did speak with Steve and I misunderstood something. It'll be there 10-14 days after he gets invoiced which has not happened yet. All he had was that this was my VIN and it was supposed to be unloaded 12/4/04 (give or take a couple of days.)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
You're on, I know you'll see the power of the orange side. :)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
sonza68 said:
Let us know when your car gets here. I'd like to see CO on an Elise in person, I've only seen it in pics and on an Esprit.
No problem, I'll post here in this thread.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.