The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Checked with them last Friday, was told they had delivered seven, number eight is on the way and my car is next in line and they will notify me when they are invoiced. I was in the first "batch" of orders placed and earlier this summer was told between July & October to expect my car. Steve thinks we are still in line for October. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, it looks like the my wait is about over. Where you in the first batch of orders? Hopefully we will both get our cars in October!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Update:

Received a call from Steve Brown yesterday. He said that yesterday they received the invoice on my car and that they have been recieving cars 10-14 days from that point!:D It's hard to believe that THE DAY could soon be here!!!! Woohoo

·
Registered
61 Posts
from redwineguys lack of response can we assume he has a new car and is just toooo good to talk to us losers anymore
Sorry for the slow response. I wish this were the case. I've been trying to chill out about my car, spending too much time on this board doesn't help the situation. I did get a call from Behlman last Friday, I thought for sure my car was in, but they just wanted to know if I wanted finanacing. He said they were hoping the beginning of this week my car would be in. Well, guess what, it's the beggining of the week and I have not heard a word. I promise I will log on and post the news within moments of hearing "the news". that's after I run a lap around the office hootin' & hollering!

·
Registered
61 Posts
This will make you laugh (or cry) I called Steve today to see if there was any news on my car. He said "yes, there is, but not what you want to hear" My car should have been here but was misdirected to a holding lot in Michigan. They found it after they put a trace on it. It's on it's way back now and could arrive later today or tomorrow. Or for that matter I guess the day after tomorrow and so on. I'll just stay calm till it actually arrives.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yahoo! Steve just called. Transport driver said he would arrive at Midrivers 8:30am. It will take ~ 4hrs to do the pre-delivery inspection, but they should have it cleaned up for afternoon delivery! btw, he said there is another car on the truck that is for a Chicago customer. Congrats to you, too! :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm not sure what the life expectancy of an unclaimed Elise is these days!
Yes, I'm lucky it didn't end up on e-bay! Steve just called, my car has arrived! Just one more hiccup, they charged for the star shield, but forgot to install it. Said they would fly a guy in from California, but I'd have to bring my car back. Maybe it will work out that I'll need my first service then....hope I don't get any stone chips in the mean time!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I GOT IT !!!!!!!

Here is how it went down. Arrived for my 2pm scheduled delivery. Steve was busy with a customer looking at an Esprit, then he took a call from the anxious Elise customer that was sending a transport to have his new car(silver) sent to Chicago. I took this opportunity to visit my car in the prep garage. The car is a thing of beauty! It finally hit me that my car was actually here! I couldn't wait to drive it home. Sat down with Steve at 2:15pm, we talked about how great the car is and how everyone loved the test drive. Steve then went over breaking in the car, the alarm, first service, etc. To be honest about all that sunk in was enough to get in the car, start it & drive home. I was too ansty to get in the car to listen very deeply. He recommended reading the manual from front to back, which I will do soon. I then met with the finance guy, wrote my check and signed everything he put in front of me. I then drove away with a big smile on my face. This was at 3:15pm. What a great ride the elise gives you! It's more than I hoped for! I think the car had 17 miles when I picked it up. The had been wrong about the star shield, it was installed, they didn't look close enough the first time, not noticible unless you look for it. All in all it went very smoothly, no surprises, exactly as expected. The only fee besides invoice was like a $95 documentation fee which include the temporary tags. They don't install the front plate holder unless you ask for it. No one has so far.
The only problem so far, the air conditioner does not cool. Since the weather is nice, I told them to wait for my 1000 mile service to fix it. Hope this gives you an idea what to expect. let me know if you have any questions. A s for me, I'll be out in my car!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
You mentioned the Chicago car. Was there a third? What was your list number?
There were just these two cars in this delivery. I think I was #9. I believe these were the last two cars from the first round of orders actually finalized in January.

fyi, my car was actually built in august and the vin# ends with 0411

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Mark heard your neighbor Dave Calahan (red Esprit) was stalking you into the garage yesterday.
Yes, I met Dave yesterday, he was my very first stalker, lol! I had wondered who owned the esprit! I was hoping to join you guys for the wine run, but the car didn't make it in time.

If you did get financing from them, I would be interested to hear if they're offering favorable rates.
I didn't end up financing, but they said they had financing in the 4 something range depending on your credit. Hope to see you running around in your yellow elise soon!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Maybe it got accidently diverted to a holding lot in Michigan like mine did, or was it Minnesota? Anyway, they tracked it down and it only took two days to get it here. Hopefully you will have your car VERY soon!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Cool, your wait is finally over! Hope the rain clears for you...we won't even think about the s word. You'll find that the wait was worth it! Congrats!

What's the word on the different radio? better or worse?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.