The Lotus Cars Community banner
361 - 375 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
X000000101: Congratulations! You will love it!

ConeFusion: There are a couple that I would like to have back, but none that are more fun to drive. Incidentally, the DeLorean made it to Houston with no problems. Both I and the driver are pleased!

Babak: Love your cupholder! Tried it tonight with a Sonic medium coke and it was great. That's about the size I usually get, so my problem is solved.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
MikeRoberts44 said:
X000000101: Congratulations! You will love it!

ConeFusion: There are a couple that I would like to have back, but none that are more fun to drive. Incidentally, the DeLorean made it to Houston with no problems. Both I and the driver are pleased!

Babak: Love your cupholder! Tried it tonight with a Sonic medium coke and it was great. That's about the size I usually get, so my problem is solved.
Glad you liked it, just remember it's there or you'll get a surprise!

·
Registered
88 Posts
|
Hi all,
The first 3,500 miles have gone well. Minor problem with the plastic thing that holds the wiper on the arm, Midrivers is sending me the part.
I'm in Bakersfield CA after a St Louis to Houston TX to El Paso TX to Soccoro NM to Las Vegas to Death Valley to Bakersfield trip! Amazing the reactions people have to the car. Lots of thumbs up!
Gas millage has been 31 MPG at 75 to 80 MPH! My brother navagated part of the trip and my wife Kathleen the rest. Both pronounced the car comfortable. Steve, after our first 14 hour run from St Louis to Waco TX, quite amazing!
I won't be online again until I get home on May 11th. The car arrives in Hilo on May 23rd. This car's a trip!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Paul, I am glad your trip is going well. I have had a couple of tanks on the highway make 31 mpg. I don't do so well when I stick my foot in it, though.

Incidentally, what has happened to this thread? Paul's car came in before mine, X000000101 said his and several others came in the first of April. Another shipment should be in about now, but no one else is posting. Anyone know what is going on?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Picked mine up last Saturday!

Picked up my CO last Saturday and headed back to Iowa. They had five or so still waiting for pickup. Was told most out of town and had not made arrangements yet.
What a great car and a joy to drive! All the looks and cellphones shooting pictures. Funny to see people cruise up beside you and try to figure out what it is. I didn't post here yet as I started a thread about a few paint issues. Really a great experience with Steve and the Midriver crew. With the drive home it won't be long before I return for the first service. Have a dash rattle whicih has developed and might be fun to fix. Also both mirrors are cracked at the base near the front bolting point.
I'll keep everyone posted as to the repairs.
Got to get somemore drive time in!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
|
Hi All,
I'm home and the car goes on the boat soon. Major case of withdrawl here. Everything else drives like a marshmallow.

Help!

·
Registered
178 Posts
San Antonio / Phoenix / Vegas / Corona / La / HNL :)

Paul, I picked mine up 4 weeks ago in San Antonio ( delivered from Maplecrest )
I went San Antonio/El Paso/Phoenix (4 day's of Bondurant Grand prix Racing Course)/Vegas/LA
My car just arrived in Honolulu and I hope they'll let me pick it up tomorrow (Horizon Lines)

After 2000 miles the AC died and I have a delamination in the front it will be interresting to see what the dealer says.

I put 2600 miles on the car now my 911 feels like a 50" crusier in comparison....

The Bondurant Course was great 3 days Corvette and the last day Formula Ford. In the beginning I really hated the Corvettes but getting a understeering Corvette quickly through the turns taught me a lot. I learned so much I could not believe it.
On the 3rd day they let me kake the Elise on the track. So much fun -poke- chasing Corvettes. :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: The Formula Ford cars acted very similar to the Elise.. I'll post some pics when I get around....

Oh allmost forgot the last day I visited a friend in Corona. He owns a Testarossa and Sunday we took the cars out on some twisty roads.
We also switched cars .... while the Testarossa has 8 more zylinders sounds great and looks very impressive I'll take my Elise any day.. heres a pick:
Aloha

·
Registered
88 Posts
|
Congrats Matt,
Had an eye out for you but figured you were long past. I went to Lotus Drivers Training at Hethel last October, very glad I did. Can't wait until the gang brings it to Arizona next year.
This is Paul and Kathleen in Soccoro NM the Elise has 1500 miles of bugs!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I figured we'd convert this thread to a Midrivers (previously) Behlman general thread. I took mine there for installing the front starshield, shifter recall, softop fix and my annual service. BTW, They have very reasonable rates. My service which was oil, brake fluid and tranny fluid and all the other annual stuff was 180'ish. Certainly not the much higher numbers we've seen posted elsewhere.
Mike the service guy stayed late to finish my startshield so I could have all done in one day and head home. Kudos.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I agree!! My one year service was as cheap and painless as possible, considering the 220 mile drive across I-70. They even cleaned off the I-70 road tar in spite of the fact they knew I had another 220 miles of I-70 to drive. MidRivers Lotus has my recommendation!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm coming up on my one year aniversary and service visit. I'll need to get the fluids changed as well as the shifter recall addressed, Out of curiosity, has anyone opted to have the headlight scarring issue addressed at Midrivers during this service? Thanks, Ray

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
That actually came up when I was there. I have some pitting but not the scars that others have. However, I have Lamin-X installed and I think that the grain of Lamin-X is diffusing the sunlight enough to act as a preventative.
Mike the service guy looked at a couple of their cars that have sunlight damage and we chatted about the 'headlight embelisher' from Lotus. You may want to call first to make sure he's got some on hand before you go there.

361 - 375 of 375 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.