The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 60 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Mark heard your neighbor Dave Calahan (red Esprit) was stalking you into the garage yesterday.
Yes, I met Dave yesterday, he was my very first stalker, lol! I had wondered who owned the esprit! I was hoping to join you guys for the wine run, but the car didn't make it in time.

If you did get financing from them, I would be interested to hear if they're offering favorable rates.
I didn't end up financing, but they said they had financing in the 4 something range depending on your credit. Hope to see you running around in your yellow elise soon!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Feffman said:
Mark Pfeffer - Grand Poobah St. Louis Area Lotus Lovers (STALLS)
Mark,

Does this mean you wear a funny hat?

Attachments

·
Banned
901 Posts
Tim:

The STALLS gang forced me to run the bloody club and we decided (over beers at a British pub named Lewellyns) that president or some other formal name was WAY too serious.

Fellow STALLS member John Hooser mentioned "Grand Poobah" and there we have it. :bow:

Tom you no never mind on that funny hat thing!

Mark, enjoy the car, we'll have a meeting some time in November to work on LOG 25.

Feff

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Behlman's is a very very large dealership, were they lodged against the Lotus dealership? BTW, The lotus dealer is now Midrivers lotus, not behlman's anymore.

·
Banned
901 Posts
My bet is the complaints are probably from the volume of used cars they sell. Somehwere around 80-90 used cars monthly. Their primary business is used car sales and in St. Charles County, where Mid-Rivers is located, a dealership must have a new car franchise to sell used cars. Essentially this is why the previous owner, Suntrup, moved it out there.

Mark

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
babak said:
Behlman's is a very very large dealership, were they lodged against the Lotus dealership?
If it included the Pontiac dealership, it would much more! :eek:

4 complaints looks like a fairly large number for such a small dealership. We don't know if they happened before or after the ownership change. Also, there's no telling how significant and legitimate they were. If you see how frustrated many posters here are about the whole Lotus buying experience, I wouldn't be surprised if a few people wrote letters to the BBB about it. Potentially blaming the dealership for things they can't do anything about.

I reserve final judgement until I have my car, and some experience with their service department. So far things look good.

Edit: Mark makes an excellent point, could be completely unrelated to Lotus sales.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Actually, they list both David Behlman and Jon Nuckolls as President. My understanding is that Ray Abrams is now the owner.

Everything I have heard about MidRivers has been positive. They were very good about my test drive and have been good about keeping me up to date on delivery. I have not take delivery, yet, so it is possible that could change. They have delivered 10 cars. Any complaints from those guys?

Actually, I like the position they are in for us Elise buyers. They have to have a new car dealership to keep selling used cars, which is where they make their money. They don't have to make money selling Lotus, but the have to keep the dealership to make money. I think that puts us in a pretty good position.

If they sold Lotus in addition to another marque, Lotus would be a minor player and it would not bother them too much to loose it. If they had to make money selling Lotus, that would be a whole different problem. Lotus dealerships in KC have gone out of business at least twice since I've been here.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
anyone know what # midrivers is on now? i called them last week and basically got the we will call you when we know something speech. if i am to get a car in november they are going to have to know something soon.

·
Registered
980 Posts
This is the latest info that I have from Mid Rivers.

Chris,
So far I have delivered 10 and I have invoices on 4 that should be delivered to this dealership at any time now. I am suppossed to receive 6 for December and unfortunately your's is not among them. We should get yours in January. The factory is running a little behind their original predictions to this point. I really can't get a definitive answer why though.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
CHRISN said:
I am suppossed to receive 6 for December and unfortunately your's is not among them.
Hmm, if I haven't heard from them, I guess that my #19 is "not among them" either? I'll give him a call this week anyway. On the bright side, a later build date could give me a better chance at an LSD. :) And once we get into late December or even January, I don't mind if it's even later. As long as I have it by March.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
ConeFusion said:
Hmm, if I haven't heard from them, I guess that my #19 is "not among them" either? I'll give him a call this week anyway. On the bright side, a later build date could give me a better chance at an LSD. :) And once we get into late December or even January, I don't mind if it's even later. As long as I have it by March.
Reto I haven't heard either and I'm number 19 too ;). I did see here that somebody numberd in mid 20's (26 I think ) had a build date. I think it's a fair statement that you or I won't see our cars this year.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
CHRISN said:
This is the latest info that I have from Mid Rivers.

Chris,
So far I have delivered 10 and I have invoices on 4 that should be delivered to this dealership at any time now. I am suppossed to receive 6 for December and unfortunately your's is not among them. We should get yours in January. The factory is running a little behind their original predictions to this point. I really can't get a definitive answer why though.
im #13 so i should be one of those "anytime" cars. and they assure me they will tell me 10-14 days out but i still havnt recieved the call. if they have the invoice doesnt that mean they should know when the cars arriving?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
hogfan said:
im #13 so i should be one of those "anytime" cars. and they assure me they will tell me 10-14 days out but i still havnt recieved the call. if they have the invoice doesnt that mean they should know when the cars arriving?
Hey how come there isn't a PM button under your name? You have a VIN right?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
huggy bear said:
Hey how come there isn't a PM button under your name? You have a VIN right?
i have a partial vin it was 8 hundred and something. what the hell is a pm button? it sounds like something i could press on my wife once a month.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
hogfan said:
i have a partial vin it was 8 hundred and something. what the hell is a pm button? it sounds like something i could press on my wife once a month.
PM, private msg, it's part of the buttons on the bottom of each post. You might not have PM'ing enabled, thus it is not showing, if that is an option.

41 - 60 of 375 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.